Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fruit (not apples)

John 15:5

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.


I memorized this verse when I was a kid. My mom quizzed my brothers and I on a regular basis right before we'd go to bed. It was different verses all the time. This one stuck in my head. I remember thinking even then, "crap, apart from God I can do nothing?" Well, actually I can, it just won't bear fruit. SO basically, I would have been working toward something for no reason since it will have no eternal value if God is not in it.

I made this complicated. But, it's real simple. I have to involve Jesus in my daily journey and watch what He does in my life and others. It just doesn't last if I do it on my own.

I'm gonna ponder this one today.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to ponder this as well. Thank you for this wonderful reminder, Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just woke up and read this. The coolest thing is that I know that God is even in your daily blogging. I can tell that this entry is from God to me. Thank you for being such a great messenger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and simple - like it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete