Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Faith/Work

James 2:17

...faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.


There is an element of faith that makes it real. It's called doing something that shows you believe. Do I believe Jesus was who He said He was for every single part of my life? Absolutely. Then why doesn't every part of my life take action toward that faith? I have no idea. Well, other than the obvious answer that I am human and not Jesus.

I want to be fully devoted. Somedays I wonder if I'm even halfly (oh yeah, it's a word) devoted. My faith in God is what I want people to see because of who I reflect not because of what I say. I want them to see hard work, a kind heart, a loyal friend, a loving husband and father...etc. Those things reflect my faith. The trick is getting them all headed in one direction at the same time. It's like herding cats.

Gonna be thinking about this one today. No room for laziness when it comes to my relationship with Christ. Some days I'm better at it than others, but like all of my world right now... I'm just gonna worry about today...tomorrow has enough trouble of its own.

6 comments:

  1. I'm just gonna worry about today..tomorrow has enough trouble of its own. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, you don't know mw but I know who you are. You imspire me and I look forward to your sayings every day...I have been praying for you and your family since this summer and will continue to do so...You in turn have given me much and I follow your prayers and make some of them mine everyday....Thank you so much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this had a "like" button, I'd select it! Praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God's been laying this on my heart quite a bit in the past few weeks. Living daily for Christ in everyday situations is tough for me sometimes. Praying for God to soften my heart and bring greater peace about the worries of life.

    Blessings to you...

    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh,
    I just wanted you to know that your blog is very encouraging to me!! Thanks for doing what you do. I still think about and pray for you family. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh,
    We were at the Orangewood Christmas program last night and I can't imagine how proud you are of that wonderful young man of yours and Lisa's. WOW! I have no words to describe how I felt listening to that song. I have been praying for you all since July and especially knowing that the Orangewood program was upcoming. I have a 2nd grade daughter and a daughter in kindergarten so all i have been able to think about is you and your family. Thank you for sharing. The Case family continues to pray for the Hunter family.

    Love, Vicki

    ReplyDelete