Proverbs 27:17-Iron sharpens iron, just as one man sharpens another.
I didn't miss writing this because I failed to get up this morning. I am staying true with at least that part of my new week of discipline... I'll report back on how well I am eating right and exercising at a later date when my report will be more fun for me to give.
I meet with a group of guys every Thursday morning at 5:45am (so I couldn't write at 5). We meet to pray, go through our lives from the past week, and encourage each other toward Christ filled lives. It's great. Also, I hate it. It's the place that I am challenged in ways that are uncomfortable for me. This particular group of guys started roughly 10 years ago...many on and offs in between, but we've been together a long time. Accountability has received a bad wrap over the years. If I was in a group that I had to just weekly report my sins...then I would hate it too. That's not what this group is. This group sees it's primary function as one that builds up...huge difference there.
Everyone should have the blessing of someone in their life who sharpens them. We weren't put on this earth to be comfortable, but to be used by God. Unfortunately for us, that purpose in our lives very often leads to discomfort. Fortunately, that discomfort often leads to growth (if we allow it to).
Iron sharpens iron. I am grateful for these guys that sharpen me.
Enjoying your blog and continuing to pray for you daily!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fantastic group. Good luck on the diet and exercise routine. Always been my weak point too! Praying for your family. Bill
ReplyDelete