Psalm 127:2 It's useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?
Ha! So I used this one for me this morning since I got up a half hour later than I wanted to. I do recognize there are days when I need to sleep a little longer to make sure I am who I need to be for my family. Also, there are days when I need to get up earlier to make sure I am who I need to be for my family. I can't decide that when the alarm goes off. I have to decide it before I go to bed. If I wait until the quacking duck of the iphone gently reminds me I am done sleeping, then I will no doubt hit snooze until I am awakened by the sunrise.
I didn't really decide last night, I decided at the first duck quack this morning.
Regardless, I am going to go with this verse this morning. God gave me rest because He loves me. Surely, it had nothing to do with me staying up so late???
This is actually just a reminder to me today to rest in the Lord. He enjoys it when I do. Currently, God is enjoying giving Lisa and Noah some rest :)
good for you - i didn't get enough rest last night - perhaps i will posy that scripture on my door while I nap today:)
ReplyDeleteJosh I have been reading your blogs for several months now and I want to thank you for them. I pray for you and your family and feel blessed to have the privilege to know you through your post. You faith is incredible and an inspiration to me. God Bless you. <3
ReplyDeleteI am loving your daily devotional blogging! I was actually considering doing something like this a couple months ago....I had done it a couple years ago and stopped and I wish I hadn't.
ReplyDeleteYour blog has definitely been speaking to me in areas that I've been struggling. Like staying up too late and hitting the snooze too many times...all goes back to the day you blogged about discipline!
Thanks for being real! It's encouraging and stretching!
Thank you for your wise council and words of wisdom. Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers, you are all an inspiration. Thank you!!! Cynthia Frazier
ReplyDelete