Wednesday, December 15, 2010

God Honors.

1 Samuel 2:30

But now the LORD declares: "... Those who honor me I will honor..."


It can't be my motivation, but it's pretty awesome to know that if I honor God, He will honor me. I have watched this principle my whole life. I watched my parents up close. They chose (and still choose) to purposefully honor God every step of the way and in every area of their lives. I've seen the blessing that results. Among many other things, it turned out a family that loves each other and a marriage that is an example for all to see. Those are both direct blessings from God.

I've often heard people say, "If only I would have ______ more." I've never heard anyone fill in that blank with "been farther from God".

He keeps His promises. He honors us when we honor Him. Honor God with your life and watch what He does with it. I'm going to keep trying.

5 comments:

  1. This is so true. I'm working on this right now. It's not easy, but it's 100% worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these results transcend through you and yours brother! be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has been awhile since I have visited the blog and I like your format. I looked through the entries and really like your writing. maybe i missed it but how are you coming up with your topic?

    i continue to pray for you and the family each day...and night. the video of Noah on Facebook singing his song is beautiful.

    you are mightily blessed.............and the neat part is knowing that you know it.

    :)+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You and Lisa are so cool!

    Kiblers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh- Thank you for that Scripture. Recently in BSF, we have embraced, "O Lord, you are my God." Isaiah 25:1.I love that. I say that to God all the time now, and when I do, I feel such reverence for my Lord. I honor him as I call out to him, and I'm pleased if He honors me likewise, in my words and hopefully my actions. You continue to amaze me and inspire me. Always praying for you and your family. God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete