Monday, December 13, 2010

Others.

Genesis 12:2
“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing."


I spent some time thinking this morning. I remembered back to when I learned about God saying to Abraham that he would bless him. When I read the end of that verse, it jumps at me a bit. God certainly told Abraham that he would take care of him in huge ways, but he then said..."and you will be a blessing." Now I am not super-translator, so I don't know the exact context for what a conversation with God looks like back in Old Testament times. However, it still holds today no matter how you look at it. I have been blessed so that I can bless others.

Everything I have is God's. He gave everything, including his son, to me so that I would be blessed. I give/gave everything back so that I may be a blessing.

My brother Isaac said this as he dismissed us from the church service at Summit yesterday,"...the good news is great even for those who do not believe it. If for no other reason than those who do." I love that.

Today, I will aim to be that guy. The one who is a blessing because I have been so richly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. I love that too! We are blessed more than we know. I often wonder how many blessings God wants to send us if we just believed more. Thank you for the devotionally revamped blog. May God use it for His glory. Still praying for you and your family. Proud of you for getting up early for some God time. If you can do it, I thought I can too, so I set my iPhone to 6:30 today, which is about 45 earlier than usual.
    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE that guy, Josh! You bless me and so many others every day just in how you glorify the Lord with your life. You and Lisa are two of my heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to read exactly what you wrote this morning. I love what you have turned this blog into. I know so many people will be blessed by it!

    ReplyDelete