Friday, December 17, 2010

Rainbows and Headaches

Genesis 9:16
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”


I woke up with a headache this morning. It was bad enough that I had Lisa take Noah to school instead of the normal "all go to school together" trip. However, it wasn't bad enough to knock me out for the morning. It was (and still is a little) a good headache.

Just like the rainbow reminds me of the covenant between God and all living creatures, the headache reminds me of my sweet girl. It's not even a sad reminder. I'm not reminded of the pain she endured...I'm reminded of her tenacity and ability to fight. The headaches I used to dread, I somewhat welcome these days. Yep, I am a little weird. You'll know I've really lost it when I make a video called "double headaches" that rivals the "double rainbow" dude.

It's a random thought this morning, but I was reminded to keep fighting.

Headaches and Rainbows. What does it all mean? hahahaaaaaaa


p.s. If that post makes no sense to you then you need to go to youtube and search double rainbow dude...also, you should get out more.

6 comments:

  1. Wow that was great (you tube ). Thanks I really needed a good laugh! Thanks for your blogs they are so good for me I look forward to reading them every day and when I'm busy and cant get to them till later, after work, I really feel like I missed out on something. Thanks, God Bless <3

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this. Hope the weekend is good for you, Lisa, and Noah. I thought about y'all last night as I was Christmas shopping. Love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny how God shines "new" light. Thanks for the reminder. Hope this saturday rains brings a new big rainbow!
    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh...what an interesting post! I too woke with a headache, and find that since moving to Florida, I'm much more susceptible to the change in barametric pressure. If I get a headache, most of the time, I look outside, and sure enough...it is either raining, or threatening to rain! Praying your headache was just a "passing thing". Warmly, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even a double headache can feel OK? Yep. I get that.
    I love the double rainbow video. I never once thought that the dude was a nut. Was he a bit different? Yes. But I "got" his emotion.
    What does it mean - really??
    Here is a beautiful interview with Jeni Stepanek, who lost 4 sons.
    Mattie Stepanek is one of my heros. Ditto Jeni Stepanik who is a very strong woman who presses on despite her physical limitations.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx_U_BlMYu4&feature=youtu.be
    (this starts at 10:30 minutes)

    "Remember to play after every storm."
    ~Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been praying for you and the rest of the family so much lately knowing you are all experiencing a first Christmas without your little Ava! God bless the Hunters and the Gables and thank you for showing us how Jesus and His Spirit get us thru the bad times!

    ReplyDelete