Monday, October 12, 2009

JD

2008, Josh and Joel Hunter
"Joel's 140 class 10 pt"

JD,
It won't be long before we start the clinic and work together for the rest of our lives. But first, you are going to have a son. He will be hunting with us in no time. I can't wait for the day that we all three hunt with Noah, Lincoln and Luke...oh man, what a great thought to wake up to this morning. It's time, brother. This is the week you become a father. You will be a great one. I am blessed to be your brother and Luke will be blessed to be your son. I have one piece of advice and that is all. Here it is: Love Lizzy well...nothing will be better for Luke than knowing his dad loves his mom. I know you will. This is just your big brother imparting a last few, sentimental "words to live by" two days before his little brother becomes a dad. Lisa and I can't wait to see you, Lizzy and Luke. We love you guys.

*In an effort to make sure my blog contained hunting stuff until the big hunt...I posted a picture of us after "the Joel Buck". Could we possibly look tougher?

3 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. All of it. Thanks brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no, that picture couldn't look tougher. It looks like you killed this deer by punching it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could mesh that awesome message of tenderness with that picture and make it work. Luke is going to love having you for an uncle!!

    ReplyDelete