Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God and Alligators

Florida is cool because you can take pics like this without going to the zoo.


When I was running on Saturday I saw a 7ft. alligator. I stopped on the boardwalk I was on and watched her for a minute as she lay there completely motionless. I was trying to figure out what the heck her problem was and why she was not moving. After a couple of minutes I saw little bits of motion beside her in the marsh. The motion came into focus and the little camouflaged outlines of baby gators came into view. They were about 6 inches long and as big around as a quarter. After I saw the first one I figured out there were about 20 in all. It was amazing to watch. The mom was there to protect and she wasn't about to move.

I pondered ('cause the is nothing else to do when you are running) the amount of time it took me to see those baby gators and how cool it was to be able to see them once I knew they were there. I am pretty sure I miss a lot of life because I don't take the time to really look hard at what God has done. I am trying to do that better. I want to make sure I see where He is. This past week He has been really easy to see everyday, but I know He is just as present the weeks that He blends in to everything I am doing.

Clearly, this is another sign it is time for me to be in the woods. Somehow, that is where all my stories end.


No comments:

Post a Comment