Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cautiously Optimistic

"Big" Florida buck I caught on film in October '05

That's me. It describes me better than almost any phrase that I can think of. I always think the better option will happen, but never completely let myself go there until it does. I caught myself using that phrase yesterday and thought "Hmmm. I think that is what I am all the time." I guess "extraordinarily self-aware" is not me. It took me 34 years to figure out the "cautiously optimistic" thing.

Here, I will use it in a sentence:
I am cautiously optimistic that a large buck will walk by my treestand this year.

OR

I am cautiously optimistic that we will receive exactly what we need for our funding on Friday. (Seriously, the bank called and it is approved...just need to see the term sheet on Friday)

There. I am sure that blew your mind. It was a pretty heady blog, so you may have to read it again. That is unless you are extraordinarily percipient and already knew this about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment