Thursday, January 14, 2010

Straight A's


Noah got 'em again. It's pretty amazing really. He just keeps nailing it. His teachers continue to comment on his work ethic and how kind he is to everyone. It's hard not to be proud when your boy does that much good. So, I'm proud and getting ready for our next adventure together. Noah gets to pick whatever he would like to do for one event. That is our deal. The last two times he wanted to play golf at nice courses. This time he wants to go to a Magic game. So, that's where I'll be with him. It'll be great.

My thought on this one is that you learn how to make A's. Things get more complicated, but the effort required to get A's pretty much stays the same. The incentive is just a reminder to him that those who work hard are rewarded eventually. It does not come daily, but it does come if you are patient, faithful, and work hard. If you learn how to make A's, you can almost always make them. It will serve him well over his life.

It's nice to be in this season of his life. We can do things together and he still wants to spend time with me. I know I only have a few more years of that before it is at least not as obvious that he'd like to hang out with me :) I am excited that Noah has chosen the path of hard work. I know it could just as easily go the other way.

He is continuing the Hunter tradition.

"Work your butt off and watch what God does with it." -my own self, just now.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Noah!

    I really like the part of the blog where you quote yourself. I think we should all do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lizzy, who wrote that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I agree with Lizzy and Joel"- Isaac Hunter, 3 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. You're right Josh. Well said....and well done.

    ReplyDelete