
My days seem to be running together lately and this blog is one of the ways I keep track of which day it is. It helps me to write some stuff down before I hit the factory each morning. Today is a weenie wagon, factory lunchbox day.
This morning I had to give myself the, "get off the weenie wagon" pep talk. I was tired and wanted to sleep. Luckily, my wife was up before I wanted to get up and was kind enough to help me get up by simply asking, "do you want to get up this morning?" I mean it when I say she was kind. I have asked her many times to just check to see if I want to get up at 5 if she is awake by then. She always does, and it helps me. ***sidenote*** I am sure that if left to my own, I would not be half of the man she helps me to be. I likely would live in a shack, in the middle of the woods, with all of my guns, only seeking to talk to people if they came to visit me, only sleeping when deer sleep. Unfortunately, even as I type that this morning it sounds like a good idea. Luckily, I have Lisa.***sidenote ended***
When she asks me if I want to get up, I find it very hard to say no. It's like saying, "nah, today is not worth my best effort." But, there are days when it requires a "get off the weenie wagon" self pep talk as I lay in bed, awake before 5. Today was one of those days.
It is a factory lunchbox day. I have my grandpa's lunchbox on my desk at work. I got it from my Aunt Michele years ago and have kept it in every office I have had since that day. It reminds me to work hard. He went to work every day for years and years in a carbon paper factory. It was a job that took care of his family. It wasn't one he loved. It was one he did to put food on the table. His lunchbox reminds me that I come from a long line of hard work. If papaw can sweat in a factory for 30 years, I can certainly deal with the small issues behind my desk today.
So here I sit. I got off the weenie wagon and I am headed for a factory lunchbox kind of day. Just keep pluggin...
No comments:
Post a Comment