
What a defensive battle. Lisa and I saw our first, live, 5th grade basketball game on Saturday morning. It was awesome. Noah did great. He hasn't ever played before (other than a shooting hoops with his buddies in our driveway) so this made him a weeee bit nervous :) I believe the final score, after a 48 minute game of hoops, was 16-12. We lost, but it was great stuff.
Noah scored 1 basket, (pictured above) but he wasn't too happy about it. He said, "some days I guess your shot just isn't fallin'." I, for one, resonated with that and whole-heartedly agreed. I failed to mention to him that my "shot has never fallen" for fear I might discourage him or pierce the jaded veil of super-hero powers he still believes I wear. I also told him that Uncle Joel never scored a basket in several years of league basketball and now he is a brilliant Dr., so hoops doesn't have to be his career path. He laughed a bunch that Uncle Joel never scored...I think he missed my point.
Good times with the family this weekend...
My Uncle Matt and Aunt Linda came and visited, too! We ate some dinner at Mom and Pop's and talked corporate tax structure. It was awesome. They are smart and I need all the help I can get.
More exciting adventure tales tomorrow...I'm fully back on the wagon.

No comments:
Post a Comment