Much has happened in the last few days since the last blog. I'll get us up to date today and then get back to the main theme of no theme tomorrow.
1. My cousin Angela had a baby.
Crazy and scary stuff! She was only 30 weeks and found out on a routine Dr. visit that she was super sick and the only way to make her well was to get baby Lydia out. You can get the full story on my cousin Amber's blog here. The short version is Angela looks to be doing much better and baby Lydia is doing as well as a 2 lb baby can (but, 2 lbs is super tiny and she'll be in NICU for a while).
2. Ashley and Andy had a baby.
Sweet Janie Simonds was born this morning at around 12 am. From what I gather, all are doing well and she and Luke will be married by the end of the week as soon as she can get her stuff together and get out of the hospital. Andy and Ashley are great friends of ours and we couldn't be happier for them!
3. I moved my first load of Hunter Vision stuff to RDV.
This was pretty awesome. Kinda surreal, but I moved a couple boxes of random items to RDV this week. While it was only some picture frames and a little coffee pot, it made it all that much more real. Tomorrow is my first full day in the Hunter Vision offices.
4. The branding work for Hunter Vision began.
Maven began to develop the identity that will be Hunter Vision for the next decades. I really can't wait to see what they come up with.
***sidenote here: we secured the web domain "huntervision.com" which just about sent Joel through the roof with happiness. It had been owned by some guy in New York for the past 10 years, expired in November, he didn't renew, it went to a private auction (that we by luck entered) and then we ended up paying $300 for something we could have paid much more to own...God is good and this was pretty incredible. It was also incredible that Joel did not go into cardiac arrest when trying to watch the last few minutes of the auction. Look for great stuff to be on that web address in the hopefully near future!
5. I worked out in all of Lisa's fitness classes at RDV (she knows everyone and those classes really hurt)
Lisa's friends are so fit they are intimidating. You know when you look at them that even though they are 100 lbs they could outrun you, outlast you and outpunch you if it were ever necessary. Luckily, Lisa and her friends are all nice and only tried to kill me in the hardest exercise classes since high school wrestling practice. Also, I tried Yoga. It is for tall or skinny people...I'll just leave it at that.
6. Noah started basketball
Noah had his first basketball scrimmage yesterday. He loved it. Apparently, he doesn't pass much because he scored 14 of his team's 20 points in the game. I really am looking forward to these games. The first one is on Saturday...I will have the camera ready.
Great post Josh - and very encouraging. Since you hadn't posted immediately after declaring your radical commitment to daily disciplines, I assumed I missed the Rapture and was in for some tough days ahead. You post today means I didn't miss the Rapture so I'm very happy. I loved the news about the HunterVision domain name. Fantastic! Angela is doing better. Lydia is still showing good signs (to those who know how to read them). Tell Noah my highest-scoring game was 5 and that was the result of cascading failure in the opposing team's game plan. Congrats to all of you.
ReplyDelete