
I realize we are all given a certain number of days. I think mine are flying by faster than everyone else's. I had my first "when did I get old?" moment the other day. I was talking to a 21 year old guy and he was telling me a story. The story was great and I was sitting there listening. He said to me a few times, "so I was talking to her on the phone." Now, that is not an abnormal statement however, what he did with his hands every time he said that was abnormal.
And now we move to the story's "Josh is old" phase...the picture above is me making a normal gesture for the phrase "so I was talking to her on the phone." That is not what happened. Every time he said he talked to someone on the phone, he put both hands together in front of him, jumbled his thumbs (like he was playing nintendo on a pretend controller) and faked like he was "texting" without a phone.
It was crazy. I wanted to tell him that was not talking on the phone, but I quickly realized that it actually was talking on the phone for him. What happened? When did I all of the sudden go from 25 to 75? Was it when I quit playing nintendo?
Oh well, I am loving every minute of my golden years... Where did the time go?
No comments:
Post a Comment