Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hunter Vision Update

Dr. Joel and Me. June of '08. Planning for these days.



It's been a while since I have posted about the status of Hunter Vision. I figured the few who read this regularly may want to know how things are going. Plus, it is always good for me to document points in time so I can look back later and remember. So here it goes. (This list is the order in which they are on my mind)

1. We still officially have no money and we are spending money at this point. It is an interesting time. We have several different funding options currently and any one of them could be perfect, but we aren't locked in yet. I am working to have that part resolved by November 1. It looks very likely that 90% of what we need in equipment can be wrapped into a lease, so I think we are only going to need the cash portion of $350,000 to get rolling. That is the part I am chasing right now. Has to happen soon...

2. RDV is where we'll be. Unless something terrible happens in the next 30 days, we will have a lease at RDV sportsplex. That is a huge win for us. RDV has a great name in the community, the suite we are leasing had a LASIK group in the space before we came, we personally know the guys who run the place, the location is the exact geographic area we looked for from the beginning, and the target patient group is there in droves. That space is an unreal gift from God.

3. Joel's fellowship is going great. He is training under one of the best in the entire world. While most stories of his daily routine aren't glamorous, he is loving being able to soak up the nuances that set apart the best doctors from the rest. Most of the fellows from this practice go on to be the best in this field. Joel is part of an elite group and that can only bode well for how many people we will be able to help.

4. Attorneys and legal mumbo jumbo. We currently have 2 attorneys working for us. One working on the lease stuff and the other helping us with our Articles of Organization and compensation contract agreements. Even though this business is a family business it will be run as clean as any fortune 500 company. I believe that clear agreement up front only helps. The water is bound to be muddy at some point and we will be glad we agreed on everything beforehand.

5. Timeline. Today- January 1...get money, execute lease, get micro-website up (so people can sign up to get in line for LASIK), have branding process started. January 1- March 1...begin office clean up and minor renovation, go to 3/4 time at Summit, complete equipment lease agreements. April1- June 1... move from Summit to Hunter Vision (full-time), finish renovation of space, interview to hire 3 staff, get all legal paperwork (like surgery release forms and such). June- July... Dr. Joel is back in town...equipment installs happen and staff gets trained.
August 2, 2010... Game on, it's opening day.

That was a seriously boiled down timeline. Even I am impressed that I boiled it down that far.


We are pushing hard to get this ready. Meanwhile, I still work full time at Summit and love every minute of it. That is going to be a bitter-sweet day when I leave there.

Well, off to the great adventure of today...praying all the way along..

No comments:

Post a Comment