The kids...just goofin around.
Every Sunday after we go to church, we go to the grocery store. Now, it is inconvenient because we take both cars to church (Lis has to be there early to do lighting stuff for the worship team). So, it would be easier to take one car to the grocery and take the kids home in the other. We don't do that. We take both cars to the grocery and walk around it together.
Lis and I decided long ago that if we could do it together, we would. It's made a difference in our marriage and in the way the kids see family. They don't always like it because it means they are dragged a bunch of places, but I don't really care. I think they benefit more in the long run to learn what it means to be a part of a family. That includes doing stuff just because you should rather than doing what you want to do in the moment.
I don't regret one minute I've spent with my family. They'll be up soon and we'll hang out for 30 minutes or so before we all start the day. Here we go...only five more days until another Sunday grocery run...
Great post Josh. You are a very wise man.
ReplyDeleteYes I agree Uncle Mark. One of the wisest I know and definitely the most handsome :)
ReplyDelete