
I took this picture on our strategy retreat last week.
He wasn't afraid of me at all.
When I see birds I am reminded of God's provision. They do not know how they will survive from day to day. But, God provides for them. "How much more valuable are we than birds?"
Good stuff. Made it through yesterday well. Ate clean. Worked out. Tried to avoid getting the plague from half of the office...you know, a normal day. I think I achieved the first two of those. Not quite sure about avoiding the plague. I don't feel right. I am pretty sure the sickness is on the way. Time for Zycam.
Good stuff. Made it through yesterday well. Ate clean. Worked out. Tried to avoid getting the plague from half of the office...you know, a normal day. I think I achieved the first two of those. Not quite sure about avoiding the plague. I don't feel right. I am pretty sure the sickness is on the way. Time for Zycam.
Here is the status on the big areas of life:
1. Family/ Home
Great. Kids are great, Lisa is great, everyone is happy and healthy (minus my possible plague). Lisa is working out more than I do and that is intimidating and inspiring. Noah is doing amazing in 5th grade. Ava is turning 5 in November and amazingly hilarious these days.
2. Summit
Not sure I can remember a busier time than now at Summit. The church is growing like crazy (2800 2 weeks ago, 2600 now normal), we are trying to lock in a location for the first new Summit site in Waterford Lakes. Isaac is trying to raise a million dollars by January to launch this site. I am working through a transition plan, overseeing my 5 areas (which are growing no matter what), fixing all the little problems each day that hinder people from working, and trying to actively manage cash for the first time in quite sometime. We spent a bunch this summer on the new kids space we just opened and didn't bring in record offerings, so we have to be a bit more conservative in the next few months.
3. Hunter Vision
Craziness. We received a term sheet from RDV on space in their facility. It looks very likely that RDV will be our new home. Pretty cool stuff. This 365,000 sq ft facility is where the Orlando Magic practice, community meetings happen, and there is a huge workout facility/ sports club. I don't think we could have picked a better location. God willing, that lease will be taken care of in the next couple months. We have several funding options in the mix right now. I will be meeting with laser vendors over the next few weeks to get our final numbers on equipment and such...should be interesting.
Crazy times, but a fun ride. God keeps showing up in different ways in each of these areas of my life. It is most difficult to do what Dr.Tuttle preached last weekend. He told us to walk in the renewed will of God each day. I want to think I would prefer God just letting me know now what He has in store for the next 12 months...that would greatly reduce my anxiousness. I know however, it would also reduce my purposeful daily surrender to Him.
I love where my life is right now. I am as happy as I have ever been. I mostly thank God for letting me walk through it each day learning new things.
This inventory update has been great for me to read to myself. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment