About once a month, Isaac and I have the pleasure of eating breakfast with our dad. Brother Joel is invited too, but he can rarely make it since he lives in Tampa or Kansas most of the weeks that we have this gathering. Not too much longer now though and Doc Hunter will be back in town with Lizzy and Luke.
Anyway, it's a great time. Mom cooks all of us breakfast and we sit around their kitchen table and catch up. We listen to Pop's stories about his crazy day-to-day world and then talk about what we are doing, too. It's a great reminder that family matters a ton and that we need to take a few minutes every now and then to just stop and enjoy the fact that we are working hard together in the journey.
I have an incredible family on all sides. I have been given more than I deserve. That means I have to go do something with it. Everything I have been given was given to me for the benefit of others. I pray that I am faithful today with those gifts. That is my prayer every morning when I get up.
Gotta get ready to get the kids off to school and go hang out with pop...
Such a great post/pic/reminder this morning Josh!
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!