Hebrews 13:7
Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.
I'm reading a lot in Hebrews. Not sure why, but I am glad I am. Today I realize how blessed I am to have leaders in my life who spoke the word of God to me at a young age. It was reinforced throughout our family, but I began to listen for real when I hit high school. I decided as a sophomore in high school that I would try to live as those around me had. I accepted Christ at about 4 years old, but didn't really understand what that meant for me until 10th grade.
I watched my parents, Grandma and Uncles and Aunts closely. They lived lives committed to Christ and full of integrity. The closer I got the more I saw how closely they followed. Now, I listen to my pastor, my brother, each weekend. He leads me as I follow his example and teaching.
Imitating the faith of those who seem to be giants can be intimidating, but they walk one step at a time just like we do. They may be a few paces ahead, but they got there the same way. One right decision at a time.
In the year of productivity, it's easy to want a magic bullet to get me where I want to be. I must remember as my leaders taught me... 1 step then another...a long obedience in the same direction.
***sidenote: It's my brother, Joel's birthday. I am grateful to be able to work along side such an incredible man. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to work with both my brothers and my dad. Happy Birthday, brother. I love you.
I pray that my boys love and respect each other the way you Hunter boys do... I think of you often and your older boy. Thanks for changing your background color, it's a better feeling in my heart - that sounds selfish, but your messages seem to be showing signs of light in this season of your life. Thanks for imitating the light that's found in Christ. Thanks be to God. God seems to have blessed you as a leader in your family, amongst your brothers and your wife and children.
ReplyDelete