Exodus 13:21-22
"By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night."
Fire is fascinating. I sat by a campfire last night with my neighbor, Kyle. He's good people. It's interesting to me that God chose a pillar of fire to guide His people. I stare at a fire in our little fire-pit on most cold nights. It's soothing, calm, and a great reminder. It reminds me of God and the way he took care of His people in Exodus. It reminds me of the Holy Spirit and the symbol often used in scripture to depict him. It reminds me of Ava since she's hanging with them.
I'm gonna build another fire tonight. We aren't wandering aimlessly. Fire reminds me of that.
***This blog could have been about 40 pages long. You are lucky I cut it off here.***
I always look so forward to your insights each morning, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts on life! While simple and short, they are often powerful and though provoking, so thank you. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteAlways love hearing what you have to say in the morning! Enjoy your fire and the reminder that it brings!
ReplyDeleteRemembering that God appeared as a burning bush, Ava's hangin' in awesome company, Josh. Enjoy your weekend with the family!
ReplyDeleteStill praying and remembering Ava Belle <3
I was listening to Z88.3 this morning and heard the Mandisa song " He is with you" and thought of you and your family and me and my sons and wanted to share with you since you have helped me in your pain...
ReplyDeleteHE IS WITH YOU and me too :)