Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hope filled.

Romans 12:12

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.


I spent a lot of time yesterday with friends of mine at work. We were going over goals and numbers and ways we hope to change the world for God through Hunter Vision this year. It was an inspiring time for me, for sure. I left from work last night optimistic about the New Year's targets and hopeful about our long range plans. I know they honor God and the company that Dr. Joel and I set out to create will bless many over it's life.

We're still weathering the storm God allowed our family to walk through, but I can't help but be reminded each day that He left us here...still. The pain of that time is slowly being replaced by hope for the future.

I'll remain faithful in prayer. That I can do. There are days I feel optimistic and days I don't, but I always can be joyful in hope. It's not the same.

As I read this morning-

"Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out." – Vaclav Havel

Not sure who that Vaclav dude is, but he had it right. So did Paul (I am once again assuming he wrote Romans).

If this blog didn't blow your head up, you have had a wonderful start to the new year. I think it may make more sense if I record it and play it backwards.

Well,
Off to a year filled with hope and moments filled with optimism, ready to stay in the disciplines of 2011 (The year of Productivity).

As my dad says when he is cut off in traffic, "Go get 'em, tiger".

6 comments:

  1. Praying for a year filled with hope for the Hunter family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Barnes and Noble the other day and as I was paging through a magazine entitled, "Orlando's Best Doctors," I saw Dr. Joel Hunter (Hunter Vision)! Way to go, Hunter Vision team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Needed this this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to send you a small book on Vaclav Havel--amazing man (like you)! :) Love to you, Lisa, and Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, Vaclav Havel was a writer and political dissident who was jailed in Czechoslovakia and was later elected its first president after the collapse of the Soviet Union and Eastern European communism... Like you, he is a cool dude :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was great, as always. Your blog is a gift that helps, inspires and comforts so many. I wish you and your beautiful family a year of health and happiness in 2011. Thanks for being such a great example and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete