You know what my devotional thought is for the day today? Nothing. Luckily I do not get paid to come up with a devotional thought each morning or today would be a lean paycheck. I sat here and thought about it for 30 minutes...and I got nothin'. That hasn't happened to me in a long time...so, here's a little personal update on life.
Lisa and I hit the Magic game last night while my Mom and Pop took Noah around to the various activities he had to do last night. It was awesome. The game was actually fairly boring (which doesn't happen often, but it was really quiet in the arena), but the time with Lisa was needed. I have missed her for a while. Between launching Hunter Vision and figuring out how to walk through life during the worst storm our marriage will ever face, we've hung in there well together... it's just been a little harder than normal to find time to hang out just the two of us. But, we did last night and I am real glad. She is an amazing woman.
Noah is still shootin' hoops. He plays basketball every hour of everyday that he is not doing something required of him. It's fun. He's 12 and all kinds of awesome...and by awesome I mean this was our conversation when I got home from work last night:
Me: "Hey Noah, How was your day?"
Noah: "Fine"
Me: "What did you?"
Noah: "Went to school. Why?"
Me: "I just thought I'd ask about your day."
Noah: "Oh"
Me: "So, what did you do at school?"
Noah: "Learned"
Me: "What did you learn?"
Noah: "Stuff"
Me: "Sounds like an awesome day!"
I am not sure how that conversation can go any different. He's 12. I remember being 12. I remember it a lot like that...
So now you know what's up with the Hunters. Just clipping along doin' what we do...
Back to the regularly scheduled program tomorrow.
You make me laugh, despite no "devotion" this morning, you helped start my day with some humor.....thank you. It is nice to know that like a great deal of us, the same conversations exist with all our teenagers. I too remember it being the same at that age.
ReplyDeletePeace and Blessings to you all!
BTW, you really need to come up and try some ice fishing. No casting required, just patience. Fresh perch for dinner on Monday were worth the wait.
This is how I feel today too. Blah. I got nothin as well. Tired for really no good reason, and just blah. Glad to know others have blank days too. Also glad to know all kids are the same and that it's not just that my daughter doesn't want to talk to me. I guess if there's something special to share they will. Here's hoping for a more happening day tomorrow. Still praying for you all though. And so glad you and Lisa had a nice date. You both are amazing.
ReplyDeleteKim
Me too. Look forward to your devotionals.......even if they are "nothing special." B/c they still are, and they still resonate.
ReplyDeleteLol. Some days are just like that. Just doin stuff, learnin stuff. Thanks for sharing. Lightened my otherwise heavy day! -M.
ReplyDeleteloved your conversation, Josh. my grandson is 12 and when he gets on the phone with me (he is in Oviedo and I am in Colorado) it is very difficult to carry on a conversation!
ReplyDelete