Friday, January 14, 2011

Faith

Hebrew 11:6

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.


Living for and believing in that which I cannot see is sometimes tough. Sometimes it doesn't make earthly sense. Sometimes it's easier not to believe it. But always it is right to believe.

I want to live a life that is pleasing to God. I want to live a life that honors the legacy left by one little girl who touched many. I realize I cannot do that without faith. Not just a belief in some giant, unseen being that is untouchable, but a belief in the God of the universe who sent his son so that we could actually touch him.

I know God knows what it's like to lose a child. He willingly sacrificed His own. He did it for all of us. It's worth telling people about. It's worth living for.

I've never met a man who has fervently given his whole life to Jesus come back and say, "I wish I would have lived for myself more."

There is one way to perfection, one way to holiness and fulfilled purpose. It's a faith in Jesus that is unmoved. There may be days of misstep, but never death of commitment to Him. I will continue to have faith in Christ. It's the only place that faith is righteous.

In a year focused on productivity, and a life focused on making a difference, faith in anything else is futile.

Faith in Jesus promises I'll see Ava fully whole again. Like the saints before me, I will serve the Lord my best each day. It's a great day for me to remember this...

5 comments:

  1. Well spoken, Josh. Hope you, Lisa, and Noah have a wonderful weekend. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh- You said that so eloquently and effectively. I've said it before and I'll say it again: You have a gift. You have your own ministry. You may not have chosen it like your dad, brother, or uncle, but God decided for you. I'm not on Facebook, and I'd never followed a blog before. but I was so moved by Ava's fight for her life, and I followed your blog faithfully. None of us will ever forget your precious girl- she still inspires me. So does her special dad. God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Hebrews, too. It is challenging and comforting at the same time. Josh, thanks for posting. Reading your blog is one of the things I like to close my nights with, and I find it an encouragement.
    You said, "There may be days of misstep, but never death of commitment to Him." I had a misstep today and it is good to be reminded of God's grace, but also of the cost of sin to God.

    And I agree; my regret is that I didn't live for myself less. Still living and learning, though, praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this, Josh. As always, a great reminder and great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GBY Brother!!!! I have a daughter called Ada Michelle that got sick severely year 2005. The doctor told us she will have a short life because of cronic epileptic condition and devastated damage to her brain. She still alive and we don't know how long. But what the Lord been doing in us and anothers during this process is incredible. I know what your family is going through, she still alive and we are grieving her at the present and is a difficult time. We learn to keep walking in faith, keeping our responsabilities as a parent to help her out and continue serving God and at our ministry no matter what. God been providing financial, emotional and mental health, and strengh enough to live one day at the time. That is giving us the opportunity to take care of and enjoy her until she goes with the Lord. Believing in Jesus, walking with the Holy Spirit and trusting Him is keeping us safe in the middle of the crisis. Jesus , our savior and redeemer!!!

    ReplyDelete