I have been slightly lax in my blog duties...my bad.
Here is something that I have been thinking about since I read it. It's from my Uncle Mark's blog...and it's awesome. I'll be pondering this today.
1 Corinthians 4:17a - I sent to you Timothy, who is my beloved and trustworthy child in the Lord, who will recall to your minds my methods of proceeding...
John Wesley instructed the members of his "Holy Club" to ask these questions every day in their private devotions.
1. Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
2. Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
3. Do I confidentially pass on to another what was told to me in confidence?
4. Can I be trusted?
5. Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
6. Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
7. Did the Bible live in me today?
8. Do I give it time to speak to me everyday?
9. Am I enjoying prayer?
10. When did I last speak to someone else about my faith?
11. Do I pray about the money I spend?
12. Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
13. Do I disobey God in anything?
14. Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
15. Am I defeated in any part of my life?
16. Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
17. How do I spend my spare time?
18. Am I proud?
19. Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
20. Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
21. Do I grumble or complain constantly?
22. Is Christ real to me?
Wow. Well worth pondering.
ReplyDeleteJosh- Thanks for that post. I printed it immediately. What a good thing to strive for in the new year. I'd love to be a member of the "Holy Club." I think that's truly only possible when we're in heaven and with Jesus. Precious Ava is already a member, bless her sweet heart. Still praying for you guys. God bless you and keep you.
ReplyDeleteI love my family! You post something from Mark's blog and he posts a blog today about Hunter Vision and Joel. I'm not sure of the details of the goings-on in heaven but doesn't it just feel like Ava is up there orchestrating such things? (: Hope your day is awesome Josh!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Josh. Thanks for sharing it. Gave me lots to consider today. Praying for you, Lisa and Noah still.
ReplyDeleteJosh, I am so thankful for both you, Dr Joel, and the Hunter Vision practice. Praying for God's comfort for your family always.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome list of questions!! Thanks so much for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteJosh- thanks so much for sharing...am passing it on to my small group!
ReplyDelete