Monday, February 16, 2009

Some skillz God just gives others



There are days when you realize you can't do it all. For some reason, call it youthful naivety or something, there is still something in me that thinks I can do anything. Then I play things like "Rockband" and it helps me realize that God gave that specific gift to someone else and did not chose me. For me, viewing this video came on the heels of getting an email from an NBA player who casually said "you are past your prime" when I jokingly asked if he "could fix my jumper". Now, he meant no harm...and he likely created none..but it was a complete shock to me! How could I be past my prime at anything?

I have to remember that God gave me specific gifts. Those gifts are His and I am supposed to do everything I can with what I have. Not everything I can with what someone else has. What is it in me that thinks I will be good at everything? I don't even know.

I just wonder some days if it would be more fun to dunk on Lebron and jam with Def Leppard....

Just a crazy morning thought as I wrap up this blog to move to another.

1 comment:

  1. Josh, I got up this morning and started reading back through your blog. There is so much great stuff in here... this video is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete