I know I talked about this yesterday, but...it's Saturday morning and I am up at 5...spending time reading scripture and praying. Made some coffee and settled in for an uninterrupted hour before the kids inevitably wake. I have been doing this for 6 weeks now. The getting up part is much easier than it was. Let me tell you what is not easier...staying focused and in communion with God when being interrupted in the only quiet hour of the day by one of your children. Now, this happens almost every morning and I send them back to bed and tell them they have to stay there until 6:30. My problem is two fold...1. I feel like a jerk getting frustrated with my kid for wanting to come crawl in my lap (I know that won't last forever) 2. I can't get out of my head that when I do something to take a step toward what is good, or healthy, or right that things should get better...not more frustrating. I had none of this to wrestle with when I was just sleeping until 7:30 every morning. My only problem then was wrestling with my thoughts of sloth...not the one you see in the top left corner, but the one that speaks to the apathy involved in not caring about what you know you should be doing.So that is what I wrestle with today and probably tomorrow. I likely won't find the answer, but if I do I'll let you know what it is. Maybe God is trying to teach me something else. This seems to be a recurring thing...hopefully these posts won't continue on for too many more days.
No comments:
Post a Comment