Recently my dad has been all busy up in the White House on President Obama's new Faith based and Neighborhood Partnerships advisory council. People are going nuts about it. Liberals can't believe Obama would include a "white evangelical" and are furious that he could possibly be on an Obama team...conservatives can't believe my dad would associate with "their enemy". It's all quite ridiculous really.
I have found that people love to define themselves by what they aren't rather than what they are. Maybe it's easier to do that. Most people seem to join together well when rising up against something. I can't figure out as I sit here this morning why people don't generally join together well when just "doing what they are supposed to".
Now I realize this is mostly a generalization and there are pockets of people in this world who are completely awesome and give more than they take to everything they are engaged in. For some reason, they just don't seem to be the ones who define themselves as conservative or liberal...just Jesus followers.
Now, I won't be responding to any comments because I don't talk about politics.
No comments:
Post a Comment