Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 2.

Today is the first day of the new format. In honor of the new format and at the request of my good friend Sue, I have changed a few things to make it a bit easier to read. I've classed up the joint, as they say. Let it be known that I worked out yesterday. I tried my best to do everything as light and easy as possible so that I would not be too sore today. It feels like someone beat me with a metal pole. Ok, done complaining. The new "short devotional" format that is just me writing as I randomly think through life and scripture, begins...NOW.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

I had to start with this verse. It's where I'm living right now. I do trust God. I know better than to lean on my own understanding (that part is actually easy to not do). It's the next part that gets me every darn time. "In all your ways, acknowledge Him." How bout we compromise and go with..."If you try to acknowledge Him in over 55% of your ways, He will make your paths straight?" I think I'd have a better chance of hitting that one on a daily basis and my paths might be a little straighter. That's still a majority.

I'm working hard to "acknowledge Him in all my ways", it's just not easy. It's a long refinement process that will never be complete until I see His face. (Which, have I mentioned I'm looking forward to?)

I'm headed out today to acknowledge God in every part of my day. My family deserves it and so does yours. The world would be better if we all hit 55%, but aim there and we'll be lucky to hit 30%. God knew this about us. The challenge of "all" our ways is the only way the point gets across...He deserves nothing less than 100% of me. It requires a purposeful decision at every step, all day long.

Well, here I go... hopefully tomorrow is day 3 and not day 1 again :)

7 comments:

  1. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST. ITS A GREAT WAY FOR ME TO START MY DAY:) I KNOW I WILL THINK BACK TO YOUR WORDS AND THE BIBLE VERSE/GOD'S WORDS THROUGH OUT THE DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Josh! That is one of my favorite verses. When I am anxious, or fearful, or both, I remind myself of this verse.
    You guys continue to inspire me, day in and day out!

    Oh, and I LOVE the new format. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the fact that you were coherent at 5:15am is impressive to me and should count for some of those percentage points. I am really looking forward to following this devotional. Love the format, thanks for serving us and God, bernice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love starting my day with your devotional! You inspire me and motivate me to be a better person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this, Josh! I love reading your thoughts.

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this new format, and it seems like the last couple months of this year have meant big changes for myself and many of my friends. Fortunately I am a person who enjoys (for the most part) change. So today I'm throwing some support your way as you aim for the 55%.........good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must be the only one that doesn't like your new format. It is so much harder for me to read! Maybe I need to go to Hunter Vision! The black background was so much easier for what it's worth. I do like your daily devotional. Still praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete