Saturday, November 27, 2010

Because I love Magic.

We hit the Magic game tonight. The Redick's were kind enough to give us their seats for the night. Normally I just go with Noah, but because they have 3 seats we were all able to go for an incredibly fun evening.

Lisa slept about 2 hours over the last 48 due to some crazy thing called "Black Friday" or something like that. SO, she was a wee bit tired when we got home. However, it was a fun night out together. The Magic won. JJ played well. I ate a cheeseburger that cost $8.25.

We are doing ok! Our conversations about Ava are no less frequent, but they are many times filled with laughs amidst the tears.

It was a great night to just be out with family. I can't believe I have the one I do. I don't take it for granted for one second.

On a less serious note. The Magic are awesome.

8 comments:

  1. Loving the blog just as much as every other one :) Praying for fun times and renewing of strength....you got the love part down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Black Friday" is a little crazy, isn't. I am so glad you all enjoyed the game. I am even more glad that you are enjoying laughs. God Bless always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. I absolutely LOVE JJ. My family bleeds DUKE blue, my mom grew up a stone's throw away from where he grew up in VA, and he plays for the Magic!
    SO, I think that this post in incredibly awesome!!! We've spent some serious cash at Amway trying to get his autograph for my 7 year old who just thinks the world of him, too (he always pretends to be JJ or Kyle Singler when he's playing basketball)...haven't had any luck yet, but we'll be heading back again until we do!
    OK, so Magic & JJ aside...we've been praying for you all. We love your family, too & think that you are all amazing folks!
    SO again, AWESOME post! =0
    ~Kelli King Bock~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the game on Wed. Night and i was amazed at how expensive everything was. I mean Really $8.25 for a cheeseburger?? LOL! so glad you guys went to the game and had fun! you guys deserve it! Go Magic!!! Go # 7!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear of all the new normal!!!!
    Go Magic!!
    Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! We love the Magic and I think it's totally awesome that you guys were able to take over their seats for the night and enjoy some fun family time. That would be right up our alley, too! I just read your Thanksgiving post and am so in awe of you guys. Your perspective and outlook are inspiring. Thank you for sharing everything so openly and honestly. You're an inspiration for so many!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you all got to enjoy the Magic tonight! I'm feelin' Lisa's Black Friday pain too because I didn't bother to sleep Thursday night and did EARLY Black Friday. I got my loot and was home and ready to sleep before sunrise.

    Hope to see you at Hunter Vision on Wednesday when I go for my 30 day post-op :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family does not know me but you should know how inspired I am by you. You give me strength I often do not have. Thank you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete