A good day. Dr. Joel and I spent a lot of time working through the next stages of Hunter Vision before he went on to do lens replacement surgeries all afternoon. I am fired up about what is to come for next year and Hunter Vision. It surely will be a great year as we continue to help people "see the world better."
That little catch phrase is one we use between us often. It represents our commitment to making sure that we are doing God's work with each dollar that we actually make through the clinic. We committed very early on to give 15% of all of Hunter Vision's profits to better the world for Christ. So when we say we help people "see the world better", what we mean is that because of them, we can actually give to change people's circumstance. We can send people on missions trips or go to remote places to fix people's eyes, or whatever...but a minimum of 15% is headed out the door to show Christ's love.
We talk about it regularly. I am sure 2011 is gonna be a great year for Hunter Vision, and therefore a great year for us to contribute.
Life is not about what you can get. It's about what you can give so that others may know Jesus. I am reminded of that every single day by a little 5 year old who lived a life that marked the world for Christ. We owe it to her to continue the tradition that she lived out...Just like her grandparents began.
Just today's thoughts. I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow.
I love reading your blog. It is very encouraging. :) I hope you have a good week!
ReplyDeleteYour energy and faith is contagious...as is your daughter. She has a profound legacy, Josh. She is the current and you are the vessel delivering the good news of Christ. There is a hugenormous ripple effect because of her and so much so as it washes the shores of eternity. We are changed. Generations in our family will be changed, as is the world. So proud of your kiddos, they represent Christ and the Hunter's so well (purty sure your Pop would say the same about his sons too). Many blessings to you and all of your family in the days ahead and also next year. We are still praying...
ReplyDeleteJosh, I like what you said....Life is not what you can get, It's what you can give so others know Jesus! Thats what it's all about!I wish Hunter Vision a GREAT year in 2011!
ReplyDeleteCindy Miller
I'm constantly humbled by your faith and outlook on things. I'm still praying for your family. Ava is an inspiration that helps remind me every day that I have a purpose, God has a plan, and I must fully rely on Him. I mean that wholeheartedly. You also led me along with thousands of other people to Ezra's blog, which I also follow daily. You each have permanent spots in my bookmark bar online. And each of your families hold a permanent spot in my heart. I wish words would be able to fully tell you how close I feel to you all and how much I care, but they can't do justice. Just know that I'm still praying for you guys and you are all so loved. God is amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if you listen to Tenth Avenue North, but if you do, you know this song. If not, I think you should take a couple of minutes and listen to it. The lyrics are powerful and True.
-Tenth Avenue North-Times-
"I'm there through your heartache.
I'm there in the storm.
My love I will keep you, by My pow'r alone.
I don't care where you fall, where you have been.
I'll never forsake you, My love never ends.
It never ends."
-Kristyn Kendrick, UCF
Josh, I was thinking of Ava just yesterday. My husband and I have been going through some difficult circumstances as of late, and I have recently been feeling sorry for myself, playing the "why me?" game. I listened to one of Isaac's sermons last night on choosing joy. It was from July, right after y'all found out about Ava's diagnosis. I started to cry when he mentioned her, but I was inspired by your precious girl once again. The truth is, we sometimes don't see the whole picture, how our heartache might just be creating something beautiful for the body of Christ. Your sweet girl is a daily reminder to me to have strength, and to trust in the Lord even when things look scary. When I get to heaven someday, I must hug your sweet Ava and thank her for all her story has done for me.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Angela
Oh, just love these thoughts...
ReplyDeleteAllie
Thought of you today and as I read your post was blessed, touched, inspired.
ReplyDeleteAnother family with a little lady named Ava is waiting at Texas Childrens Hospital today. She was diagnosed with medulloblastoma a little over a year ago.
The father, Randy, is a former coworker of mine. Lots of folks praying for this little girl. Link to her FB page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=107337665971646&v=wall
Follow up to Randy and his Ava: the MRI is clear, so thankful to hear that, and know the Kleins are even more so.
ReplyDelete