It's been while. It's time to get back in the saddle. I'm in both emotionally and physically. I still miss the heck out of Ava everyday, but God is walking with us. Sometimes I feel him close, but I always feel her close. Not too sure why, but that is life for me right now.
I am back from my hunt and it was wonderful. It was a bittersweet time in the woods. There is a lot to think about when one is alone for hours on end. I spent a lot of time thinking about and talking to Ava. In between those conversations I saw a bunch of deer. I got 3 this year, so I wasn't too trigger happy in Ohio. The Ohio deer are left to grow another year except for the two my brother Isaac got for his family.
The time with brothers each year is irreplaceable. Even though Hunter Vision is only 3 months into it's existence, Dr. Joel and I couldn't not go. We have lots to do at Hunter Vision, but one thing I know is that family time trumps all other comforts of life. A week not in the office may not have been advisable by some, but it was necessary. There is always a reason not to spend time with those you love, but there is never one good enough. We had to go. Now, I am glad we did.
We had a plaque made that is on a beach tree in the middle of the woods overlooking a valley in north central Ohio. It reads, "AVA HUNTER...she guides the flight of the Hunter Brothers' arrow each November and watches over us until we meet again. Nov 1. 2004- Sept. 4th, 2010." We took our annual brothers photo in front of that plaque this year. It was a sweet time to remember the sweetest of life's blessings.
I shed a lot of tears in the woods this week. I remembered Ava and remembered that our God is good. He continues to bless us and we can see it if we look for it. Thanks to you all for your continued prayers. It matters. It has been an incredibly difficult 3 months, but God asks us to continue to press forward and assures us that he will provide. I'll keep counting on those provisions until I get what want...to see my girl again. Until then, we've got work to do...and a Vision Correction Center to build.
There is no place better to fix your eyes... on Jesus and at Hunter Vision. (In that order)
Just reporting in...
So glad to hear you had a good hunting trip. I know your sweet Ava is so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for blogging, Josh!!! Im so glad that you and your brothers had some quality time together. I am praying for you and your family!! - Samantha!
ReplyDeleteMichael W. Smith's, "Healing Rain" always makes me think of tears shed for those that we miss, those that are gone from our eyesight, but not from our hearts.
ReplyDeleteTears flowing, healing rain, heart full of love, and a mind full of memories to last until you can meet again.
Many blessings to you and your family.
Welcome home.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to go. It's good to come back.
Enjoy these days. They are God's gift to you. What you do with them is your gift to God.
- Uncle Mark
love, love, love your post - you are walking through it, young man - although some days you feel like an old man, to be sure...I can see you making milestones in your grief...He is always with us and I just wanted to say your last sentence should be incorporated into your Hunter Vision approach - quite remarkable
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!! I am so glad to hear that you were able to make this trip with your brothers and share this special time. Reading what is inscribed on the plaque brought tears to my eyes - it's a beautiful tribute.
ReplyDeleteDid you just come up with "There is no place better to fix your eyes... on Jesus and at Hunter Vision. (In that order)"?? That is pure awesomeness!!! Whoever coined that is CLEVER!! I love it and totally think it needs to be displayed in the office :)
Always praying...always believing...
So glad you had a good time with your family and glad you're back here blogging. I sure missd it! God bless your family
ReplyDeletePray for your family daily! Jerry
ReplyDeleteJosh-
ReplyDeleteIncredible! You've touched my heart yet again with your devotion to our Lord, to family, and with the tears you shed for Ava. It made me shed some as well. From where I've been in the last 15 months, I too trust God more and praise His name to people every chance I get. He IS GOOD!
May God continue to bless the Hunter's.
With love in Christ-
Jody
Loved this, Josh. Thinking of y'all all the time. -Allie
ReplyDeleteJosh , So happy you are back! I really missed you!I'm very greatful for your time with your family! As I read it I could invision you and your brothers out in those Ohio woods as I remember the beauty of them and miss so much. We don't get the oppritunity too much to get up there during hunting season.We were supposed to go for Thanksgiving but we all lost our jobs.....but I love the plaque you left of Ava! That is so AWSOME! You have the most unique ways to memorialize your Angel! God is good...
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you all. Thank you for continuing to share your journey. We think about and pray for your family every day and night. We will especially pray during the holiday season. Love, The Case Family
ReplyDeleteI hate it when you don't blog and i am so glad you are back. Thinking of you and yours especially during the holidays - His mercies are new each morning, just waiting and ready for you in your times of need.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back - it is great to hear about your trip with your brothers and wonderful to see you all prioritize this time to be together! My prayers continue to go out to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you and your brothers are home safe and that you had a good trip. I must say I missed your blogs a lot!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the plaque you made for sweet Ava and the saying you came up with for Hunter Vision. As long as Jesus is always first, Hunter Vision will always do well.
I want to wish you and your whole family a Happy Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be thankful for. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. God Bless You :)
So glad you had a great trip! You made the best decision going with your brothers. But you already know that. Like you said, spending time with family takes precedence over all else. Good for you. Josh and Lisa, although you would not have chosen this pain, please know that the fact that you able to praise God in the midst of it is the most powerful testimony to all of us. Ava's life has brought many non believers to Christ for the first time, and has changed those already walking with Christ for the better. It's almost like she started the work and you are to help finsh it. Ava brought us all to Christ and now you are growing us. Incredible. Your lives have challenged me to take another look at my trust level with the Lord. You are helping all of us prepare for when we too encounter trials. As the Lord says, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give. For in this world you will have trouble(not if) but take heart, for I have overcome the World." I can honestly say as one who has put my trust in the only one who can save, Jesus Christ, and tries to follow Him daily, I still have wondered if I would be as unwaivering in my dedication to Him if I were in your shoes. So thank you. Thank you for showing me what authentic faith looks like. This is where the rubber meets the road. And you my friend got it. I only pray I would too. We will be praying so hard for you during the holiday season. My prayer is that you have not only continual peace that passes understanding, but joy as well. We are here for you.
ReplyDeleteKim Helmling
Hi Josh, I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it is that you are sharing your journey...I know it helps you and it also helps those of us that have had a loss such as yours (me). It will be six years April 29, 2011 (and counting). While we all have different stories to tell, one thing that is constant is the pain and suffering that we all go through with a loss of a child. In my case, my only child...While knowing Jesus Christ and the relief I get knowing that my son is with Him, it is still hard for me to overcome the pain...It does get better with time but it is a pain that keeps on giving. I have had to try and make a NEW life for myself. I refuse to become a victim and know I am to find the joy that is still here for me through Jesus.I thought at one time I would never laugh again...I was paralyzed for so long, I really didn't want to hear...He is in a better place, etc. etc....My son was my life and still is, always will be. After saying all that, I am learning continously about our awesome God..He knows more than me, I trust Him, I know this wasn't in vain. I will look forward to the day I can spend eternity with my son. I love him so...I know God is here with me and I feel my son is.. I wish you love, peace and joy (yes, joy) it will come..take your time, this is your journey..God Bless you and your family. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers...Hang in there..God Bless You.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back safe and with deer. Think of you all often, pray for you more. I know God is guiding you. You can feel him in your words. Stay strong through the next few weeks. All our love to you Noah and Lisa.
ReplyDeleteThe past couple months, our Stepping Stones kids have been singing the song "Our God is So Big." They love it. I love hearing it because it reminds me of your Ava singing it. We think of your family often and pray that our great, big, strong, mighty God will carry you through this holiday season. :)
ReplyDeleteLove, JJ and Soo