Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Made it.

Well, we made it through the last 2 days. It sucked, but we are now on the other side of it. Her birthday party was awesome. I dreaded it all day, but loved it once it got rolling. All of the people who were a big part of her life came to our house and we lit fireworks and sang happy birthday. What I expected to be full of sadness was so very full of fun and joy. Just how she likes it. Lisa was the mastermind behind the party. Have I mentioned how amazing she is? Keep us in your prayers as we walk through these first holidays. We just don't know what to expect emotionally. We made it through her birthday...now on to the other stuff. I was just thinking about how I have a 12 yr old and a 6 yr old...weird.

22 comments:

  1. What a great idea to celebrate her birthday doing what she loved instead of dying of grief. The firsts are the worst, but they too shall pass and you will still have your army of prayer warriors praying you through the holidays and all of the other first that follow. You guys have the best perspective to handle this, may God continue to bless you with family, friends, grace, and great ideas to memorialize Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for all of you just as hard on "regular" days as on the special occasion ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen anyone walk through grief like you are. So real. So raw. So full of hope.

    For your sake, I do wish Ava was still here. But in her passing....well, her death was not in vain. Every day you write, it seems she touches another life. Thanks for continuing to invite us in.

    Praying for you all,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, I just new you would be doing something GREAT and you did! I'm very happy for you and your family that you had a wonderful celebration! and ya, time passes quickly our kids are grown before we know it... Still Praying for you all... and thanks for still sharing your private life with us.....
    Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen & Greg MikesellNovember 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM

    What an awesome idea to celebrate Ava's birthday with a party! Love, love, love it. You guys continue to amaze us how you are walking through this process, but not in the "typical" way. How you share you inner world with us, speak of her in the present tense, celebrate her birthday with a party - amazing and inspiring to us. Life is certainly different, and more beautiful, when you walk it with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hunter family -
    thank you so much for sharing your beautiful daughter through your blog. i have been following it daily since ava was first diagnosed with GBM. i heard of your story through a mutual friend. you live such a christian life and are a true inspiration to me, especially with how you have dealt with ava's death. my grandmother just went to heaven last week and i know God put you in my life to help to me cope and mourn. you have reminded me that she is healed now, just like ava, and that we will all be reunited one day. i just picture my grandmother holding ava's hand as they walk the streets of heaven together in God's presence. that gives me comfort. your family will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa you truly rock. God made mothers for a special reason, I have always believed that. I am so glad that you guys did okay the last few days, I can't even pretend to imagine how you must feel. The next few months will be tough, but don't give in, Ava will be celebrating Jesus' birthday with Him as well this year. I got so angry when my uncle died because I wanted him to be here to share his life with me, but then I realized he's with Jesus, why in the world would I wish him back to such uncertaintly. My husband and I will continue to keep you in our prayers forever because everybody needs prayer everyday. We love you all, Scott and Kathy Chall

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome way to celebrate! We'll be lifting you up during the holiday season...

    ReplyDelete
  9. you all are loved and prayed for each and every day. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  10. Josh,

    As you walk through the next two months. Please just know that it only gets easier with time. Just spend time with Jesus! I'll be praying for you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really think I heard the fireworks from our house on her birthday! That is so great! Our family prayed hard for you. You have made it through 2 hard occasions so far, halloween, and her birthday. God's grace is sufficient for you. When we are weak, He is strong. And His strength is perfected in our weakness. You will make it through the holidays as the prayers of the saints lift you all the way. This reminds me of that song I know you know, "May the prayers of the saints be like sweet smelling incense to your soul." Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josh & Lisa-
    Thanks for including us all in your journey these last couple of months. I'm still inspired by your faith, strength and fortitude to stay strong and persevere in this difficult time. What a wonderful way to celebrate precious Ava's birthday. Lisa, you are awesome!
    I will, of course, continue to pray for the Hunter's this Holiday season. God will be there to help see you through and so will Ava.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise the Lord for the grace and joy He has given you both. Praying for you through the holidays. M.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have three children,ages 12,almost 11 and 9months..When I start to feel angry,upset,worthless in this game of parenting,I read your blog.
    You lost your baby & so I can go on another day - even if I feel miserable b/c I know tomorrow is new & it is always better the next day.
    Thank you for your constant reminder that God is ALWAYS good,God is ALWAYS there and my kids are the most incredible,amazing gift I'll ever get. :)
    M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad she had a great party; will keep you guys in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cynthia said, You are always on my mind and in my heart and prayers. Thank you for expressing your thoughts. May our Heavenly Father give you peace and contentment as you journey through these next two months!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you should continue to celebrate every year! Ava maybe in Heaven but she continues to leave her mark here. Praise God. The holidays might be a bit easier if you go somewhere far away. A place that will create new memories for Noah but where Ava will be close. Maybe Hawaii or Austraila. You and your family are always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So great to know things were OK for all of you, as you got thru what could only be a really rough week. Lisa is such an inspiration...I am in awe! Keeping everyone together, helping each other thru. It is beautiful. Praying each day for you all, and that you will be closer to each other than ever before. You all are an amazing family, and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying! I know I'm a bit late commenting but I'm glad you all had a good time. Lisa really sounds amazing. Your whole family is just so amazing. I am always in awe of your faith and the strength God has given you and the Hunter family. Truly God is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maybe you can focus on helping the Erza Matthew family. They can use some help. They have lost 2 children in a year. God loves us to help everyone. You can reach out to each other for both your losses. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  21. No blog lately hope all is okay. Pray for your family all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you all are okay. You have not blogged in a while. Sendind love and prayers your way.

    Love

    ReplyDelete