Here is last year's bday post:
My little girl turns 5 on Sunday. That is really weird to me. It seems like she was born 5 minutes ago, not 5 years ago. Even more weird is 13 years ago, Lisa and I were married...13 years from now, our kids will be out of the house. Where does time go? Why does it speed up more with every day you live?
I am grateful that God gave Ava to us. She is a beautiful little girl, inside and out. I could not love her more. She constantly keeps us laughing...and laughing is her favorite thing to do. God blessed the world with a strong little girl when he made Ava. I pray everyday she uses that strength to honor Him and her husband one day. I know she will.
I am still learning how to have a girl-child. They don't make sense to me, which I guess makes sense because they don't make sense to me when they grow up either (except for you, Lisa...you make perfect sense to me all the time**).
It's much harder for me to have a girl than a boy since my protection for her knows no limit...and my understanding of her knows all limit. I grew up in a house of boys...nothing that wasn't logical was allowed in our house and no problem couldn't be solved with a good, old fashioned, fist-fight. Currently, I cannot make that rule apply. I am a work in progress. I am hoping by the time I get to heaven, God will have allowed me to understand girls...even if but for a brief moment...
I'm mostly joking, but it definitely is different than raising a boy!
I am so glad she is growing up happy, healthy and knowing she is loved. What an awesome 5 years we have had and we look forward to so many more. Happy birthday, Ava! We love you like crazy!
**There always is an asterisk in writing that requires further investigation and may only be half true to make the author look better and the reader less offended.
Well, here we are a year later. Things changed this year...except for the part of me that doesn't understand girls. I still don't. Ava's 6th year of life blessed more than most could ever hope to. It's part of what I hang on to these days. I know she is in perfection and wouldn't want to be back here for anything, but days like today are tough stuff. We miss her so very much and struggle with the part of us that wants her right here. We still don't understand why God does stuff the way that he does, but are so thankful that we had the time on earth that we did with an amazing little girl. Her birthday will always be special to us. It's a day to remember and celebrate a life that marked thousands. Who knew that God had such a special plan for her? Ava, I am so incredibly blessed to be your dad. I can't wait to see you again. Save me a seat...I'll be there before you know it. Until then, I'll hang here and take care of your mom and brother. Don't fret (I know you aren't)...we are good.
Ava, Happy 6th Birthday. Your mom, brother and I love you so very much.
Still praying for you and the family, Josh. Be blessed today.
ReplyDeletePraying for you today.
ReplyDeleteAs I am wiping the tears from my eyes, yet again, I too am amazed at how one little girl as touched so many lives. Understanding may not be part of God's plan for you just yet, but He has opened your heart to know that there is a Master Plan.
ReplyDeleteIt will not be an easy day for any of your family and friends, but in the embrace of us all (physically and virtually), we continue to support each other.
May you find joy in your memories, peace in your solitude, and comfort in each others company. Prayers and Blessings to you all.
Happy birthday to sweet Ava!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI thought of Ava's Birthday as soon as I woke this morning and I have been praying for all of you. Happy Birthday Ava. You were not only an incredible blessing to your family but you touched the lives of so many.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ava.
ReplyDeleteSomehow I think you better give up your seat to someone older because Ava will be taking you by the hand and running and jumping and singing and dancing to some Michael Jackson with you instead of merely sitting down....
ReplyDelete"A B C , Its easy as / 1 2 3 , as simple as / do re mi, A B C, 1 2 3 / baby you and me girl ..."
Celebrate her day as she would want you to...by dancing...
My thoughts and prayers are with you today and always...
Mike
My family and I are celebrating Ava's life and the impact it had on me and many others. Wishing Ava a Happy Birthday and praying for you, Lisa and Noah.
ReplyDeleteErik
Happy Birthday Ava! I know your birthday party in heaven is much greater than anything you could have experienced on earth!
ReplyDeleteDear Josh, what a beautiful post from last year. Thank you for sharing it with the world. Blessings and comfort to you, Lisa, Noah and your extended families on this occasion of sweet Ava's birthday. Know that thousands are with you in spirit today. Love in christ.
ReplyDeleteJosh:
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, Lisa, and Noah... Don't set the bar too high on Ava's birthday. That balance thing is important when Noah's birthdays arrive.
She blessed us all as your family still does today.
Uncle Matt
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!
ReplyDeleteWe are continually praying for you guys, and even more so today. Happy birthday Ava!
ReplyDeleteJenna and Cheez
I am praying for all the Hunters and Gables especially on this "first", Ava's 6th birthday. I know it is difficult for all who love and miss her but she is having a wonderful birthday with Jesus, I am sure. God bless you all and your memories!! Really loved your last year's post!! Thanks for sharing your heart!!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for all of you today. I am sure that it is not easy.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ava!!
xo,
Melissa
Dear Josh, Lisa and Noah,
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers are with you today as I know so many are praying for you and your extended family. What your post reminded m of today is that none of us know what will happen...a year from now, an hour from now...so we have to treasure every moment we are in.
God has used Ava and the Hunter family in a mighty way. I pray that He gives you His peace and comfort as you walk through all of the firsts in your different "normal."
Ava is having the biggest Birthday bash yet...your Supergirl is sitting at the feet of the greatest Hero of all...
I don't think a day goes by that I don't think of Ava. I never met her, yet she touches me every single day. That is powerful. God did amazing things with her life and death. I am proud to say I "know" your family. From Cali, Happy Birthday Ava!
ReplyDeleteJosh, have fun celebrating tonight with the fam. Ava is there, no doubt. Wonder what birthdays in Heaven are like...I am sure she is having a GREAT day and wants you all to, too. You all are loved and prayed for everyday. Happy Birthday Ava Belle! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ava!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Dear Ava. I know you are having a blast celebrating in heaven!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY SPECIAL AVA GIRL!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMay God continue to bless the Hunter's in this time of grief.
Jody
HaPpY BiRtHdAy sweet Ava!! What an incredible blessing you and your family are. How lucky are you to be spending your 6th birthday with Jesus:)
ReplyDeleteFor a family that I have never met, you continue to inspire and lift me up every day as i can only pray we do the same for you!!
In Christ,
Angie
I am sure that thousands around the world thought of Ava today. We rejoice in the knowledge that a big birthday party happened for her today...her first celebration in Heaven with the Jesus she knows and loves. She has touched the lives of so many who don't know her...or you...but we rejoice! :)+
ReplyDeleteOh Josh, you are such an amazing man of God! I can't emphasize that enough. May God Bless you and your entire precious family in every beyond imaginable way! Happy Birthday to your Beautiful Ava! I can't fathom what a fabulous party she is having with Almighty God! My sweet grandma(my best friend)went home to Jesus in July of this year and prayed with me for Ava. She gave the best hugs ever and can just see, in my heart, grandma giving adorable Ava big warm hugs and celebrating her birthday with her! I deeply pray that you, your amazing wife & son, and all of your dear family feel Christ's everlasting love surrounding you and holding you close every second of every day. I also pray that in some way you feel a spiritual hug from your Beautiful Daughter right now and forever! My family and I are constantly praying for you and Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove & prayers always,
Dawn DiBari
Your Pop shared that you are lighting fireworks for Ava tonight, I am certain she is watching from Heaven. God bless you Josh and thank you for serving and helping others by sharing your heart. Continued prayers for you and all of the Hunter family!
ReplyDeleteOur family prayed today for yours as you walked through this first birthday without Ava. Bless you! Thinking and praying often for you, Lisa and Noah.
ReplyDelete-The Taylors
A special Happy Birthday to Ava, and numerous prayers being sent to your family today.
ReplyDeleteI hope you saw tonight's sunset. It was awe-inspiring and spectacular. The sky was a rainbow of magical colors... like nothing I have ever seen. I thought of Ava, and was sure she and Jesus had something to do with that sky. And to think, it is a mere fraction of a fraction of the beauty she sees in Heaven. Happy Birthday sweet girl.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Ava! I don't personally know you, but I've been following your blog for a bit. I just wanted to let you know how much your little girl and your story have touched my life. I was in church worshiping on Sunday and was just brought to tears with how good our God is. I was specifically thinking of your family and Ava, and how amazing it is that God has created a place where we will be with our loved ones for ETERNITY. I started thinking of my own two girls and how I don't need to fear the unknown or what this life may bring us, I just have to hang onto God's promise. Ava is a beautiful little girl, and just think, she is in Heaven right now celebrating her special day with Jesus!! Thank you for sharing with all of us out here, and praying for your and your family.
ReplyDeleteJenny
Happy Birthday Ava! Thank you for touching our hearts in such a special way. Enjoy this day and each day with our King of kings!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing family you are! I just can't say that enough. Josh, your writing is such a gift to all who read. I too am in tears reading your blog from last year, and then tonight. No doubt Ava was loved so well by her family. The way Lisa continues to share Ava's life through pictures, and scriptures, you through the writing, and Noah being a joyful, playful, 12 year old boy is proof enough that you all truly know how to love. Not only do you love each other well, but you love those outside of your circle by inviting us all in. Not everyone can do that. But I have found the only true way to love well is to know others and to be known by them. So many people don't love well because loving well always involves risk. But you my friends, you all love real well. Ava is one proud little lady. She is so proud of her mommy, daddy, and big bro, Noah! Happy Birthday sweet Ava! You have made me a better mommy and I can't thank you enough. I love my girls better because of your life. I think of you every day. I know the party must have been jammin with you as the dancing princess! We love you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ava!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for all of you today. God bless
My son turned 5 today and because of Ava I spent extra time loving on him and telling him how grateful I am to be his mom. I told him today was also Ava's birthday and he said, "Thats OK....I'm sure she's having a party in Heaven". I'm sure he's right! What an amazing birthday she is having :) We are praying for your family today and every day!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you all. I am sure today is and always will be tuff. I guess the only best part of today would be thinking about the super sized birthday Celebration happening in heaven. Do you think that they consider it her 6th birthday or her 1st? And just think of all the wonderful people helping her celebrate. I bet you there is lots of singing and dancing. How amazing it is to think Ava is celebrating her birthday with the one and only person who loves each one of us much more then we could ever imagine. Happy Birthday Ava!!! Thank you so much for showing each one of us the depths of our Fathers love. You are truly perfect. On your first birthday in heaven I promise never to forget all that you have taught me, and to never stop celebrating.
ReplyDeleteMy love to you all Hunter Family.
Thanks so much Josh for sharing your beautiful daughter and family with all of us. She is the gift that keeps on giving to so many who need to be shown God's love. We don't have to understand, we just have to believe, obey and rejoice in the Lord. May God shower his blessings on you and your family especially today. I know that Ava had a perfect day celebrating with Jesus.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to a Sweet Six Year Old Super Hero!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Ava. We are praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteStill praying. M.
ReplyDeleteJosh, Lisa and Noah.....I'm sure you did something super this year to celebrate the Birthday of your Angel! But I bet she has had the biggest and best birhtday yet celebrating with Jesus and all his angels!Praying for you all today and always.... Cindy Miller
ReplyDeleteJosh, I prayed for y'all last night and thought about tiny Ava as I walked around the lake. She is lucky to have you, Lisa, and Noah (and the rest of the Hunter fam') who love her so well. Love you all. -Allie
ReplyDeleteJosh, Our 5 year old daughter wanted to send Ava a happy birthday balloon up to heaven yesterday. She made sure to write Ava's full name on the balloon so that when it got there everyone would know who it was for. So up it went yesterday and up went our prayers to your sweet girl and your family. We are constantly thinking and praying for all of you. I know Ava got Kylee's balloon.
ReplyDeleteOur hearts are with you.. God bless...
ReplyDelete