When I go back and read my blog from the first days of writing, I see that I have been here before. Prior to the last 5 months, I spent most of my time attempting to implement new discipline tactics into my life. It's almost a hobby of mine. It's actually a really good thing. When left to myself, I do what I don't want to do and don't do what I should. The less discipline I have in my life, the more time I waste doing frivolous junk like watching tv, napping for no reason, eating really unhealthy...etc. So, after a run of life unlike any before...I am back on it.
Now, if you notice this blog title... I am attempting to jump back on the train. Oh, and I really will attempt it, but I also know that I set my alarm for 5am this morning and somehow didn't hear it, so I woke up at 5:45. Dang. Fail one. But, there is no fail without a try, right?
I am also going to re-work my blog. There will be stories of the Hunter family day and such, but it will be in the form of a Monday-Friday devotional. It will help me to write it, and maybe it will even help some of you to read it...I don't know.
What I do know is that I can no longer flail about. I'm not sorry I have flailed recently because I needed to for a time, but to honor God with my days I need to get back on the wagon. He gave me today's minutes and hours, so I should use them in a way that shows Him I'm thankful.
So, the first goal is getting to January 1 without missing a day. I will be getting up early to spend time with God, blogging, exercising, and eating healthy. Ridiculously, the last one will be the hardest.
Feel free to join me on the journey. Tomorrow hopefully will be day 2 and not day 1 again...ha! I know me well.
You and your sweet family inspire me every day, Josh. We are all so proud of you. I especially draw great strength from your blog.
ReplyDeletePraying for you daily!
~Angela
Your Pop delivered in incredible message last week about sharing our stories as an outreach to others. I couldn't stop thinking of you and how amazingly you have done this and how much you have impacted my life. (and how incredibly proud your Mom and Dad have to be of you) Your ability to share your heart and the incredible faith and guidance you have provided as you walk through this difficult time is just so amazing and inspires me to be a better person each and every day. I am with you on this journey and so thankful to God for this connection to you. Can't wait to see what the days bring ahead!
ReplyDeleteLove this Josh, will be praying for your attempts to be successes. I love knowing that Jesus is praying for us that we will not fail :)!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I just knew you would eventually turn this into a devotional. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLove the new colors and your new motivation to do this for Ava! :)
ReplyDelete-Kristyn
I have great confidence in you because you know our God is King and are willing to reorder your life to continue to praise and serve Him through the changes you have encountered! Although I don't know you personally, I continue to pray for you and your family daily!!!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to tell you that you and your family inspire me. You rock.
ReplyDeletejosh hunter u r my hero
ReplyDeleteIt's so refreshing to know that even a Hunter can fall off the wagon on Day 1. I love how authentic, honest, and so darn human you are. Thanks for writing. And thanks for pointing us all back to God.
ReplyDeleteOk, this post validates my suspicions...you guys really are superheroes, but like comic strip ones. In the midst of all of this, you have such a strength, faith and humor. Thanks for the early laugh this morn on my way back into the grind again. I'm also with you, God is good and so will this attempt. Thanks again for another fabulous post :).
ReplyDeleteAgree with all the other comments...looking forward to being encouraged (like I always am!)
ReplyDelete