Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Summit Friends

It was Katie's birthday...

Last week in his sermon, Isaac challenged us to learn how to create margin in our lives so that we can serve others better, spend more time with God, and be grateful for the things we have. For three days this week (Tuesday through Thursday) we are to eat nothing but rice and beans. The challenge is this:

Create margin in your life by fasting for 3 days from every food except beans and rice. This will help to…
1. Teach you that to create margin you must consume less, and that often requires sacrifice.
2. Cause you to think: there are many people in the world that desperately long to have their bellies filled with beans and rice every day.

It's day 2 today. We had our small group last night and it was Katie's birthday (great friend of mine and Lisa and she is in our group). Shannon (another great group friend) made a rice and beans "cake" since we are all taking the challenge together this week.

I am grateful and aware of what God has given us, among those things is great friends that join us in the journey and make rice and bean birthday cakes.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I wish I was there to celebrate Dominican-style with you. (This is from Lizzy. Joel told me I had to specify when I comment on your blog. Although there was probably no need in this instance.)

    ReplyDelete