Monday, February 8, 2010

Isaac Said...

Isaac brings it.

"A faithful life is not a comfortable life." This is most unfortunate. I would like very much to be comfortable. However, I found that when comfortable I am usually doing no one else any good. I spend far too much time trying to make things comfortable instead of trying to do exactly what I know I should, no matter how I feel about it. I headed to church yesterday whining about having to go (not aloud, but only because I had the kids with me and I don't let them whine...) when I was tired. I reasoned that I had put in lots of hours this week and I just needed a morning of sleep until noon to get caught up. I knew I wasn't being reasonable, but I really didn't care...However, I have kids I am trying to teach a lesson to...so I went.

Then Isaac says this crazy thing in his sermon. I know he is right, but it made me mad. I want it to be reversed. I actually liked it better when I was 14 and Isaac would ninja jump kick me from his bedroom as I walked down the dark hallway to the bathroom...now he does it with God's word on Sundays. It is much harder to process, or fight back.

I know he is right and my job is to be faithful, comfort or not. I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment