
My make-shift desk
My day today is filled with many things. I am trying my darndest to keep up with this blog because I think it helps to throw my thoughts on this virtual page and let my 4 readers know what's going on.
Hunter Vision is going 100mph. We have 10 weeks until Joel and Lizzy move back. We will be doing surgeries on a select few who we trust to give feedback to us (on process and how they felt about dealing with Hunter Vision and such) in the month of July. That is 12 weeks away. in those twelve weeks I have to:
1. Get all insurance payers on board (including medicare)... Lizzy is helping with this
2. Get the office built out/painted/decorated (you can see how that is going on my last post)...Lisa and Lizzy are helping with the decor, I won't attempt that on my own)
3. Finish buying equipment (that's like 75% done)
4. Hire 3 people (one is done...need two more ophthalmic techs)
5. Write all of our employee stuff (handbooks, policies, guidlines...etc.)
6. Buy and organize all in office supplies (you know...surgery things)
7. Set-up the IT infrastructure to work with all our machines (this is a real challenge since we are all Mac and everything medical runs on PC's)
8. Get phone system installed
9. Meet with the City of Maitland chamber and other folks to see how they can help
10. Get the website up and rockin' (currently we just have a splash page at huntervision.com)
11. Keep the finances in order and the bank happy. Managing a finite amount of cash is always tricky when there is an infinite amount of option.
12. Learn all the appropriate insurance coding and billing junk to get rolling.
13. Figure out how the heck we are going to make sure the phones are answered every time without an auto-attendant (I hate those) and without hiring a receptionist yet.
14. Get the rooms ready for gear (electrical requirements and such)
15. Get all Hunter Vision insurances in place (health, med-mal, p&c...etc.)
...and I'm tired of writing. There is a ton. I can't wait for Katie (Hunter Vision's new Office Manager) to get here on May 3rd. That will make life so much better. I am running around with my hair on fire, but really like all of it. The financing deals get tougher and tougher as we borrow more and more...but so far it's all ok.
The great news is it looks like we are going to borrow about 300,000 less than I originally projected. That will help my cash flow models look a little better.
We are moving along. We'll get it done. Now to just find some patients... that is item #16.
You can find me! I'll be a great patient, as I have eyes that are seeing-challenged without contacts! This blog is awesome! As one of your faithful readers and soon to be patients I just want to thank you for taking the time to write it. I'm praying for you guys every day.
ReplyDeleteditch the mac's the software won't work on those pieces of crap.. all real work is done on pc's. $5,000 on 4 desktops will be little expense compared to trying to push PC software through a Mac envirnment.
ReplyDeletePC's are good for sitting coffee mugs on and dropping from high places for crash testing. Unfortunately before you can crash them, they usually crash themselves.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud to be one of your 4 readers. Blog on!
ReplyDelete