Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanking the customer


So yesterday, my cousin Aaron and I were heading out of the gym after a giant workout that nearly killed both of us. I think it was the "we really feel bad for eating all of that" workout that usually follows Thanksgiving. As we walked out of the gym and passed the front desk, the man behind the counter said, "Fellas, if you would like a free Red Bull, we have some in that bucket full of ice over there." Aaron and I jumped on it and were pretty jazzed that we could actually get something for free. Just as we were celebrating our new found free Red Bull energy drinks, the man who gave them to us said the craziest thing I had ever heard. He said, "There's a tiger in the parking lot, too...just if you want to see it on your way out." Aaron and I looked at each other as if to try verify that we both heard what we thought we heard. "What??????", I asked the man." He said, "Yeah, there is a tiger in the parking lot."

So, of course Aaron and I went to the parking lot to see what the heck...also, my car was parked there and we by default had to go to the parking lot. Well, sure as I'm sitting here...there was a giant 2 year old, 450 lb, White Tiger in a cage right outside the door. Aaron took a picture (maybe he'll post it on his blog). The guy in front of the tiger said, "We just want to thank you guys for being members here. We really appreciate your business."

So this is the new standard for thanking the customer. Summit must have wild Bald Eagles in the lobby and Hunter Vision will now have lions in the waiting area.

Quote of the week:
"Free Red Bull in the ice bucket...oh yeah, there's a tiger outside...thanks for being a customer, we really appreciate it."

1 comment:

  1. This makes me think our recent plan to give every child attending our weekend services a pet elephant is entirely possible. Thanks for the encouragement to push the envelope a bit.

    ReplyDelete