Friday, December 4, 2009

Stuff doesn't matter...people do

A budding photographer


Ava (5 yrs old) wanted to take pictures using a $600 camera of mine. I hesitated for one minute, then remembered this...

I learned a long time ago that "stuff" doesn't matter. The more you have of it, the more you have to worry about. We grew up in a home where we always had enough, but never felt like we could do anything we wanted. One thing stuck out in my mind though... there really wasn't anything we had that was more important than we were to our parents. There was almost nothing in the house we couldn't use because it was so "valuable". It taught me a good lesson. It taught me that people are more important than things. I watch people hoard stuff and not share all the time. It makes me feel bad for the guy who won't share. He doesn't know what he's missing. God lets us hold things for a bit SO THAT we can share them with others. Stuff simply doesn't matter...it ain't yours anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment