Somehow, I was born into a white collar family. I believe I was misplaced. It was my own good fortune, but I was born to need to do manual labor to feel like I accomplished something. I was born to be in the outdoors to feel closest to God. I have few regrets in my life, but one is that I did not serve in the military. I think about hunting more than most people think about eating...(sidenote: I spent an hour last night sitting perfectly still with Noah's bb-gun as I waited for a rat to come to the bait I set for him so that I could make sure he took a dirt nap. He came, I won. He will not get into my house now.)
I like the good ol' boys because they care about people and not what they look like to people. They love their families and are proud of their kids...usually to the point of ridiculous. They are easy to talk to and are completely unimpressed by your use of big words...they actually think you are stupid for having to use such big words to describe something that could have been talked about using single syllables.
These are my people. Why? I have no idea. I just know I am one of them and feel most at home when I am around them...How do I know this? I know this because I have spent this entire blog time trying not to go to Cabelas' website until I finish writing this.
P.S. It should be noted that my 3-d deer target showed up yesterday. Oh, man...so awesome.
One of my "marriage" requirements was a white collar man with blue collar skills.
ReplyDelete