This morning is different. I feel the need to talk about my brother, Isaac. My brother is a preacher. He led the "Partnership Class" at Summit last night. He is amazing. He stood for two hours and talked about what it meant to make a a commitment to formally join Summit in God's vision for the church... and I wanted to join all over again. This is like my 10th time at the class. I go because I am staff. Every time I am there I am reminded of why we do what we do at Summit and I am inspired all over again.
Isaac has a gift. God gave it to him. God uses him. He spends time on a stage talking to people every weekend and when He is done talking they want to pursue God. That is not my gift. When I am done talking on stage people want to thank God. Isaac puts in the time and works hard every week. He does it for the church, for his family and for his friends. He is an inspiring person to be around and it's incredibly fun to watch my younger brother let God lead and use him.
I am blessed to be a part of and surrounded by such talented, committed family. The scary part is the thought of living up to what God requires of me. He is clear that "to whom much is given, much is expected". I've been given a lot in my family...and I know it.
Mostly, this morning I am thankful for the way God uses my middle brother. I pray for him everyday that he will stay faithful to God and his family. This morning is no different.
This is really nice (Mom sent it to me). I didn't even know you had a blog. It proves you are secretive and kind. I will keep trying to good stuff. I am glad I have gotten to play on your team for a while. Respects.
ReplyDelete