Crazy. Lisa and I actually had time to go out together last night. Grandma took the kids for a surprise sleepover and we found ourselves sitting home wondering what we should do. We landed on going to a movie after about 45 minutes of ideas that would have been fun (no doubt) but didn't set right with one or both of us.
We saw "The Proposal"... Great movie. We both really liked it. It was not vulgar. It was funny. It was happy. It was great! Now, mind you I am no movie buff that really gets into acting and all that jazz, so it's possible some critic somewhere saw it and was like, "Oh, Ryan Reynolds gets an A- for not being believable in scene where the protagonist falls for the antagonist right before the climax of the writer's story line." (I don't even have any idea what that means....)
Bottom line is it was a great movie and a great date. 13 years after getting married I still have such fun with my wife when we go just "do stuff" together. It's a reminder to me to not be such a schlep and to actually ask my wife out on a more regular basis. Got to get better at that.... So many things to get better at, but this one is important.
That's it for today's thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment