Friday, November 20, 2009

It's here

Ava agrees today is awesome.

We close on the loan at 10 this morning. I might do back flips out of the bank lobby when I actually sign these documents today. The reality is (if everything goes as planned this morning), Hunter Vision will exist. That is really exciting for me. I never had a question in my mind that Joel could do well operating on eyeballs. My only question was how in the world we would get this money in this economic climate to give him the chance. I knew our business plan was strong and our pro formas were great for a bank to see...but, according to everyone I talked to before I went to banks... "no one is loaning money".

Well, at least one bank is. That bank is stepping out on a limb with us (albeit a very sturdy one) and they will be glad they did. Several offices from now and multiple future loans, they will have come to understand what a good decision they made. I am giddy with excitement this morning. I can't believe this part is here. Months of work with nothing to show for it all wraps up into one great moment this morning. Hallelujah.

I didn't want to write about this much before today for fear something may go awry. When I talked to the bank last night at 5:00, the last thing they said was "We're all done, just show up in the morning to sign and you'll be funded." I almost did backflips then...I can't imagine what I'll do when it really happens.

Oh man, maybe I should learn how to do a backflip before 10... I'll update this again after...

No comments:

Post a Comment