
POP
I am tired this morning. So tired, that I originally typed, "I am tied this mrng." I guess I am that too. I didn't go to bed much later than normal and I just got off of a week of rest. My body is tired, but it feels like it's tired because my mind is tired.
I am not complaining this morning, rather the opposite. I am admiring and wondering. I want to know how my Pops got up earlier than this everyday for the last 30+ years and kept the weight of his role from beating him down in those moments of sleepiness. He had to have them. He never talked about them. Come to think of it, He would have never started a blog (or written a blog) with "I am tired this morning." But, He had to be at some point. I wonder about the generation before us who never complained about things, they just did what they were supposed to. I wonder about how much they got it right. Then I think about the whiney, entitled babies that is my generation.
See, we talk about how tired we are. I am not sure it benefits anyone but us. It's an excuse to not do things well, to have some one feel sorry for us, to let people know how "important" we must be because we have so much to do it has exhausted us. I'm tired rarely means I'm tired. It usually means, "I want you to think I'm pretty important to the world. They need me to do so much for them that it has caused me to miss sleep." Pop knew this. He wouldn't articulate it in a blog, but He knew it. It's likely why he never talks about being tired. He knows His role is to serve God. That's it. Importance is of no relevance...therefore, neither is talking of it by way of tired proclamation.
So, maybe I'm not tired. Maybe I just wanted to process this all in a blog (man journal). Which is another thing Pop would never do...
1 thing at a time...
This was tremendously awesome.
ReplyDelete-Joel
i can relate. may God grant you rest today.
ReplyDelete--Terrace Crawford
www.terracecrawford.com
www.twitter.com/terracecrawford