
I got the draft of the lease from RDV for Hunter Vision last night. It took me two hours to read it. No joke. 2 hours. It is amazing to me that anyone does anything with anyone else these days. There is a clause for everything and you are specifically named at fault for everything that could be bad on planet earth.
I would like to show one example of the language that is so completely ridiculous that it caused me to have to read for two hours. Now this is "boilerplate" language, that is not just specific to this lease...it is normal...which is why I can put it on here without getting sued for something...good grief.
Ok, here it is:
"Whenever the context permits, or requires the use of the singular in this Lease shall include the plural, and the plural shall include the singular. Any reference herein to one gender shall likewise apply to the other gender and to the neuter; and any reference herein to the neuter shall refer likewise to one or both genders."
Yep, seriously. Now you see why attorneys are paid so much. I mean who can even think to write that that way without having some serious brain power?
Well, we will be working on it for the next little while, but it is good to have the draft so we can begin to figure out if this option will work for us. It is certainly our first choice, but we have to make sure we are doing what we need to for it to work for Hunter Vision.
The journey is long, but we will get there. I'll keep ya posted on the lease progress as it unfolds...
No comments:
Post a Comment