Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ava has a message for you. Turn up your computer.



Incase you can't hear it...she says, "hello everyone, thank you for praying for me."

It's been a good day. No great revelations, but Ava has made good progress and is recovering well. The docs have talked to us about looking at all options possible to get her well and Lisa is attacking this sucker with reckless abandon. I am sure there will be tough days in the days ahead, but we are truly living everyday as it comes and not worrying about tomorrow.

Thank you to you all. Keep praying. Ava needs it and so do we!

27 comments:

  1. Alice said that she will be safe in her princess P.J's. Lov eyou all, Jenn and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest voice! How precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm from Edgewater, Florida and received your post via Roger and Jeanne Wall (they attend our church when they are in the area visiting their condo). Please know that I will be praying for your sweet daughter and your family. May you find everything you need at the feet of our precious Savior.
    Blessings,
    Karen Foldy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just made my week
    Dan Lacich

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I watched it 20x's in a row. We are blessed and honored to pray for you sweet girl!

    Carey R.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Seeing Ava tonight, thank you for sharing her with us! We won't stop praying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leigh Ann and VinceJune 30, 2010 at 8:33 PM

    I have tears in my eyes as I read this. We love you and are praying like crazy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sweet...it is a privilege to pray for her. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Praying for guidance and wisdom for you and Lisa as you make decisions on how to attack this and praying that God will eradicate every bit of cancer in Ava's brain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will continue prayer without ceasing.... PLEASE consider Houston - MD Anderson. Had a brother-in -law with GBM and it is worth traveling there if and when you are able...

    In Him,

    Dr. Brian A. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your family are in our prayers - and we are sharing this around with those who will bring you before the Lord as well. Especially praying that you will be able to live in the moment with Ava and not worry about tomorrow. Praying that God would indeed perform a miracle in Ava and completely remove the cancer, and most of all, that His Name would be lifted up, as it has been already through the thousands of people who are praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thinking of you all. Ava is a big part of our conversation and prayers throughout the day in LifeHope and here at home. . .Zach and Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing girl! She just looks like a fighter! Praying for you. Love, the Locke's

    ReplyDelete
  15. So precious! Lisa, mother to mother, you are in my prayers continually. I remember you stolling Ava around Candyland and telling me how different she was than Noah as a baby and how much life and "determination" she had. Well, thank you Jesus that this little girl is a determined fighter. God made her that way and He WILL bring her through this. GOD DOES MIRACLES!!! Ben is one of those and Ava will be too. Know that we are praying for you all and will not stop.

    Love in Christ,
    Nicole, Ben and Doug Smith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved seeing precious little Ava tonight. We love you guys and are praying like crazy for her healing.

    Peter and Connie Katauskas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gianfranco Ramírez OlivariJune 30, 2010 at 11:11 PM

    Hi, I'm Gianfranco from Chile and I'm praying too.
    Just wanted to let you know that.
    A big hug,
    God bless you all.
    GF

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am praying for you all. I have sent some information on a contact to tell you about Houston's MD Anderson through my daughter, Kristin Bird Norman. She is passing the email to her friends - your brother Joel and also to Mandi,who's in your small group. This person has been where you are now and she would have some valuable information for you. Her son Matthew is now 3 years past the original diagnosis. He is doing very well. They have even started a foundation named Christ and Cancer and have a condo available for people to stay during treatment. God bless, Denise Bird

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim and Jayson FuhlbruckJune 30, 2010 at 11:39 PM

    Precious little Ava.... We are praying for her, that God will give her strength, comfort, and healing. Also that He will help you and Lisa over these next few steps on making the right decisions for Ava and your family in attacking this fight! We love you guys and are here if you need anything at all! Praying.. Praying.. and Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Josh & Lisa,

    We attend Northland and learned about Ava's surgery on Sunday morning. First and foremost, you are in our prayers so many times throughout the day. We pray for Ava's complete earthly healing and for peace for your family during the days and weeks to come.

    God led me to your blog last night - I have no doubt about it. I don't personally know you, you don't know us but I know I'm being led here for a reason. I'm praying God reveals that reason to me!

    When I logged onto the Northland site last night and saw GBM my heart sank. Most people would have no idea that it stands for glioblastoma multiforme but I know about it all too well. My dad was diagnosed with just that. I feel compelled to share with you where he was treated:

    University of Texas - MD Anderson: this is where we wish we had taken him all along; words can't describe this hospital and their treatement of GBM

    H.Lee Moffitt - Tampa: this is where we had the greatest results using Temodar (his diagnosis was more than 10 years ago so the protocol has obviously changed but this was our wonder drug and kept him in remission the longest)

    Your father has had an amazing impact on our family. In fact, our son Noah has the middle name "Hunter" for just that reason. Your family means more to us than you will ever know and we hurt right along with you.

    Please know that you will continue to be at the forefront of our prayers. God hears our prayers and we pray that His will is Ava's complete earthly healing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Josh, Lisa and the Hunter family....There is nothing worse than having a sick child... My son was born at 2 lbs. and was sick for almost 3 years on and off and the reason I'm telling you this is that I, we didn't know how we would be able to endure the long road the ups and downs that went along with his health but GOD IS GOOD!! We took one day at a time one illness at a time! I'm not saying there was not those days that we wanted to cave to the stress but Our Loving God carried us through. and I know He will carry you too! You have a wonderful father and mother and a beautiful support system and thats what you need. We will continue to pray for ALL of you that God will give you the peace that only He can give. Your daughter is SO precious.And by the way she looks exactly like your mom. Blessings to you the Hunter family......

    ReplyDelete
  22. I received this link through my daughter's boyfriend's mom. It is very sad and I will be praying for her as well. I will keep your family and little Ava in my thoughts and prayers everyday. She has such a sweet voice and is a beautiful little girl. I hope all of the people who are posting and you knowing we are all right there with you, brings you and Lisa comfort. Ya'll are not alone in this. I may not know you personally, but through your blogs, feel like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you, Ava, for speaking to us all. It is so good to see you. We are praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your friends at Wycliffe are praying for Ava and the whole family, Josh and Lisa. Thanks for giving us the privilege.

    Bob and Dallas Creson
    Wycliffe Bible Translators

    ReplyDelete
  25. This makes me want to cry. I will be praying for her.

    Signed,

    A Friend

    ReplyDelete
  26. Josh, you don't know me but we have a few mutual friends from high school that posted about your little girl on facebook. I wanted to come here and learn more about what was going on with her and see what I could do to help. I wanted to let you and Lisa know that my family and church family have Ava in our daily prayers. I have a little girl that will be 5 in September and cannot imagine her going through something like this. I know God hears our prayers and answers them and I also know that miracles do happen, I have seen them firsthand. We will continue to pray for Gods healing hand to touch her.
    Jeannette (Lewis) Vinson

    ReplyDelete
  27. So wonderful to hear Ava is home! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete