Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lobby transform and Family Vacation


Hunter Vision Lobby... January vs. Today

Progress and vacation don't go well together in Hunter world. This year the entire Hunter family minus Dr. Joel and I are at our Aunt and Uncle's place in Put-In-Bay, Ohio. I wish I was there, but knew that if I left the office for a week with 43 days left until we open Hunter Vision, I would probably internally combust from the stress. My hope is that this will be the only year that I will miss this trip. I love the family time with Mom and Dad, all the brothers, sis-in-laws and cousins. Add to that the time with our Ohio relatives and it makes for a great week.

Things are going well at Hunter Vision and we are right on track. Of course there are a million details left, but the big stuff is covered. We have 43 days left to figure out the little stuff like, "Where are we going to buy our eye drops?".

I am taking full advantage of work time this week and doing nothing but Hunter Vision stuff. It's cool to be able to build something that we can unabashedly say is the absolute best eye care practice in the state. The level of service we will provide in patient care and personal touch will be unrivaled. Nowhere else is there a LASIK and Cataract place like this. And the coolest part is we get to change the lives of the people who come here. We're not selling cars or material goods. We give the gift of sight. That's awesome. It makes it easy to talk about with people because we know what a difference it can make for them.

On that note, I get my LASIK done in July. I'm ready. I've been wearing glasses or contacts for about 15 years. I'm over it.

The one thing everyone should take from this blog...it's much harder to deer hunt with glasses.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment