My mind can't process all of this right now. I spend a good amount of time hopeful, discouraged, furious, and grateful. I'm not happy. But, I'm not non-functional either...that is weird to me. I always wondered how I would handle true crisis. The truth is, it's the same way I handle little crisis. The feelings are just more powerful.
Ava is doing well. The part of her brain where the tumor was removed controlled fine motor movement of her left side. So, right now she can only use her right side. They say the damage is mostly superficial and they feel good about long term use and re-strengthening of her fine motor skills on the left side. She is currently just sleeping a lot. She told me she loved me this morning and it took everything I had to not burst into tears. She will be in various states of sleep and therapy for the next few days.
The oncologist will be talking to us today. They believe that we will know for sure what type of tumor it was either today or tomorrow. That is good, I guess. We can't do much for a couple weeks until Ava heals anyway, so knowing what type it is will just let us get better educated.
I saw the post op MRI this morning. They got the big mass out, but there is a little residual that we'll have to take out with Chemo or whatever therapy works best.
It's been an insane couple days. We expect a long battle ahead, but we are grateful for all of the friends, messages, support and prayers from all over the world.
I'll post more on here in the days ahead... In the meantime, I have to stay on track to open Hunter Vision. Pray that I ride that line well.
You are all in our prayers. Asking the Lord to completely heal your precious Ava and to provide you with the grace and mercy needed to take this one day at a time.
ReplyDeleteI believe all your expressed feelings here are totally normal. C. Lehn
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteSince hearing about Ava last night from my mom (Zona), I have thought of and prayed for little else. The Scripture that I'm praying is "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being" (Eph 3:16). I am praying for strength for Ava's body to fight this cancer - and strength for both you and your wife. I have learned that "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted" (Ps 34:18) and I pray that you and your wife would experience a huge amount of peace as you cry out to Him. Take care of yourselves, accept all the help you're offered, and get plenty of sleep. (Sorry - can't help giving some advice I've learned from life's crises.) :-)
I would like to send a small care package to Ava with some fun-shaped crayons that I make - if that's OK. I don't have your address, but I can send it to your folks.
Just know that even though we haven't kept in touch over the years, we belong to the same family, and we (my husband and I) are beseeching the Lord on your behalf.
I will be checking your blog for updates.
Many blessings,
Beth Mengel Thompson
Thank you for this blog Josh. Michael and I have been following your posts and didn't want to bother anyone with our questions. Not only did this help answer them but it gives us good insight into how you are doing personally. We are with you in spirit, thinking and praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love,
Chrissy and Michael Martin
Josh,
ReplyDeleteI'm praying hardcore! Seriously ff you need any help with Hunter Vision running errands, helping out around the office, or just taking out the trash I'd be more than happy to help so you can spend more time with your family. Don't hesitate to give me a call, I'd be happy to do it.
Chris Stephens
Praying for you,
ReplyDeleteGriz
We are also praying for God's immediate intervention of healing for Ava. We continue to pray for strength for your family in His everlasting arms. Just know your church family is here for you, just lean on us as the road ahead will be long. Lee
ReplyDeleteLord Jesus, please touch Ava's body with your healing hand. May your grace and peace wash over this precious family. Please provide for every need. May the entire Hunter family rest in You during this overwhelming storm. Be their True North now & always ... Thank you for posting this, Josh. We will continue to pray fervently for sweet Ava.
ReplyDeleteWith love,
Greg & Kristen Mikesell
The Lord told me to form a prayer chain for you, Lisa, Noah, Ava and your entire family-- so my other church family at One Kingdom Fellowship in Deltona and all of my praying friends are petitioning God on your behalf for Ava's complete healing.
ReplyDeleteAs a member of your Northland family, I pray that our Healer's miraculous power heals your precious treasure completely! I KNOW that Jesus has amazing things yet for Ava to accomplish!
Hunter Family....Hickory, NC is praying for you all - Phillip Gamble shared your story with us. Get strength from the fact that there are many who care about you. I am asking for God to touch your daughter with His healing hand. Peace to you...Terry Johnson
ReplyDeletePraying for you, your family and precious Ava. Your family completely amazes me with the way that y'all are handling all of this. Love to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteMany prayers from many people around the world. He knows your needs and He will supply. We worship and Awesome God. :)+
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are in our prayers. Blessed are the children.....
ReplyDeleteMay Ava heal guickly and your family stay strong and feel the love of all the prayers.
Kim Center
God has sent his angels to care for you, his Holy Spirit to dwell in you, his church to encourage you & his word to guide you. -Max
Josh,
ReplyDeleteHave you gotten in touch with St. Judes Children Hospital? I am emailing you a link now.
Leanne
I'm almost done reading the last year and a half of your life in like 5 hours times. And I come to this post and all I can say is I am sorry. So, so very sorry. And when is say that I am praying for Ava, I mean that I am begging Him to heal her. I'm not praying for "His will." I am praying for complete, utter, the cancer is dead and beaten forever kind of healing!!!! I am sorry!
ReplyDelete