
Daddy Daughter Dance 2009
This is the week of the Daddy-Daughter Dance. It's pretty big time. I can't believe how many people go to this thing... I mean like thousands (literally). Northland hosts it every year and it is a chance for dads to take their daughters on a date and show them how they should be treated. It's a black tie affair...a really whoop de do type of party. Ava is at the age (5) where she says stuff like, "Dad, why don't you just go this year? I don't want to go. I am tired." When I tell her she has plenty of time to sleep between now and then and I would really like for her to go, she says, "I'll think about it." Hardly an overwhelming response to my inquiry for a date, but whatever, I press on... it's what I do.
....A few days later. Ava decides she for real does not want to go. I say, "fine, no problem." Lisa enters the picture and assures Ava that she is going no matter what she says (because good moms know what is long-term best for their daughters even when their daughters don't agree in the short run). Then she reminds her that her cousins will be there with Uncle Isaac...Now she wants to go.
Can someone give me a manual on females? Evidently I lost mine. Maybe it's with my marbles.
Hands down...your best post ever. :)
ReplyDeleteAllie